Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a "TomTom" one GPS system to use in my cars. I was wondering if any one knew of any mounts that would work to attach it to my 500R. They make a model called the "Rider" that comes with a bike mount but I don't believe they are interchangeable. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks. ???

·
Registered
243 Posts
I had seen one on e-Bay not too long, its a bracket that screws into your existing screws on your fuel tank lock. Don't remember what it was called or who was selling, but look around on e-bay!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the heads up on ebay. Searched a little more on some of the older threads on this site and found some good ideas. Love the info from this forum. ;D

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
here's mine, its on the Manta camera mount which is very adjustable for angle and placement

www.newenough.com has it for sale

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
81 Posts
My dad has a mount for his garmen. Mounts right to the handlebars on his shadow. When he gets back from WI ill ask him where he got it.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Re: Manta

How far forward of the tank opening does that hold the GPS? Are you able to use that with a tank bag?

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Well my JoeRocket Manta tank bag works OK with it, it's a little futher back but not much.
It's adjusted fwd in the shot.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the input everyone. I think I'm going to purchace a "Ram" Mount that attaches to the lever bolts. Anyone else have this set up?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
So after looking at the pictures with the Ram, you'rer going to install a mount on the bike, this will go to an "arm", to a ball, to the cradle? I'm having a hard time visualizing...

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
MANTA, MANTA!!!!! ;D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I hav'nt bought anything yet. Give me a link to "Manta" and my mind may change. I think the ram mount may stick up a little high off the bars, so something with a lower profile would be nice. I also like the idea someone posted on an earlier thread, that makes a small dash board across the windscreen, utilising the bolts that mount the windscreen.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
wolf66 said:
Well my JoeRocket Manta tank bag works OK with it, it's a little futher back but not much.
It's adjusted fwd in the shot.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry wolf66, I did'nt realise you had already answered my call for help. Guess I was visualising riding instead of reading your earlier post. :-[

1 - 17 of 17 Posts