Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK all you street fighter/loser-of-the-fight types, everyone seems to be looking for a digital instrument display. Something less sucky than OEM. Now these will not provide revs, signals or oil light/temp, but do have GPS speed in miles/kilos and direction. About $20 to your door. The top one is reversed for use as a head up display if you have a windshield.
Rectangle Gadget Font Clock Measuring instrument

Rectangle Font Line Display device Clock

Sold on AliExpress.

Reactions: FlipFlop and bpe

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Combined with a Vulcan (VN750) electric tach/temp gauge, which 'should' op on the same signals, all you need is a small panel with oil, neutral, and signal indicators. Same rev range, even if ther red line is too low. Now contemplating such a setup for my orphan '89.

Speedometer Motor vehicle Gauge Odometer Measuring instrument

·
Registered
2009 Ninja EX500r
220 Posts
So did you buy one or just seen it? AliExpress always concerned me as, so many youtubers have done reviews about those products telling how it was nothing as advertised.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So did you buy one or just seen it? AliExpress always concerned me as, so many youtubers have done reviews about those products telling how it was nothing as advertised.
Just saw them. However, I have bought quite a bit on AliExpress - the caveat being that you have to read the description and the dimensions of everything, and discern what the price actually gets you. The latest semi-deceptive trend is to post the pic of the big item and list the price of an accessory - not a bait & switch, but misleading. Since everything made in the PRC tends to be 3/4 size, the dimensions are crucial.

• Love
Reactions: FlipFlop
1 - 4 of 4 Posts