Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Banned
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The GPZ500 UK OWNERS FORUM.COM http://gpz-500.com/index.php Easter meet/ride will take place on Bank Holiday Monday, 6th April.

The route will be from Bolton Abbey to Settle via Pateley Bridge, Masham, Leyburn, Hawes,and Ribblehead, taking in some excellent roads and scenery. Along with cafe stops for the mandatory Bacon Barm, :D

ALL are welcome along whether on a GPZ or not, and whether forum members or not.
The aim of the ride is just to get out and enjoy ourselves. As was last years ride, this will be well attended, several member's already coming with others penciled in.

Anyone wanting to come along either check out the meet/ride thread on the forum or, drop me a PM on here.

A couple of pic's from last years ride,

Attachments

· Banned
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For those who said they are coming, as promised, here is the meet point,

Abbey Tea Rooms, Bolton Abbey.

Meet at 10am, time for a brew, then,er, potter off, :D :D.

It's going to be a good day, plenty of nice warm sunshine promised, ;D

· Administrator
07 Ducati SS800 '95 Ducati 900SS/SP '19 Honda CBR650R
16,503 Posts
I googled your meet spot.... your rural, green, beautiful countryside impresses me yet again. Looks like nice riding roads surrounding, as well. Hope your meet/ride/ bacon barms a success.

· Banned
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What a brilliant day out, :D
Left home in cold damp fog, and was sweating and basking in glorious sunshine when we stopped for a brew.
A good day's riding, with good friends, on good roads, What could be better, :D :D :D
Now we are planning something a bit special for the Spring Bank holiday...watch this space, ;), :D :D :D

Just a couple of pic's,

Attachments

· Banned
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not sure how old that bridge is, but it is old.

Stopped at Ribblehead for a quick stretch and get some pic's. This in the background is Ribblehead Viaduct. A magnificent bit of engineering, built (IIRC) from 1870 to 1874. Very little work could be done on it in winter, it get's pretty wild up there.

Attachments

· Administrator
16,503 Posts
^ awesome mountain roads....Ducati country

· Banned
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You would be in heaven on that road Duc, 1 of the top 5 rated "best biking road's" in England. Also one of the deadliest, big sign's everywhere "29 rider fatality's in the last three years"....it's actually 33 now, those signs are from last year.

· Registered
11,021 Posts
Lunty- LFC missed one this weekend. We had a golden opportunity to move a little closer to 4th place but that loss to Aston Villa really hurt us.

At least Man U lost yesterday. LOL.

· Administrator
16,503 Posts
jonh said:
You would be in heaven on that road Duc, 1 of the top 5 rated "best biking road's" in England. Also one of the deadliest, big sign's everywhere "29 rider fatality's in the last three years"....it's actually 33 now, those signs are from last year.
I could see where folks would become "enthused" riding there. The big, wide open spaces offer plenty of distant vision...beautiful.

· Registered
1,333 Posts
ducatiman said:
jonh said:
I could see where folks would become "enthused" riding there. The big, wide open spaces offer plenty of distant vision...beautiful.
yeah ducati you do get a bit lost in the view when riding on them roads , breath taking

· Banned
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
lunty74 said:
ducatiman said:
jonh said:
yeah ducati you do get a bit lost in the view when riding on them roads , breath taking
LOL, You should have popped along, it was a good day out, ;D

There will be another one shortly, end of May.....doing something different....fingers crossed, ;)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts