Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #41
Thanks, and that thing I said about acceleration being similar, yea that was a lie 馃槃. Just hopped on the Ninja and went for a ride right after and the Ninja is definitely faster, at least mine is anyways. Stock suspension on the GS500 is stiffer than the EX500, so I think its better set up for heavier riders off the bat, but that's easily remedied on the EX500.

Registered
Discussion Starter #42
Well just sold the GS500E, had about $650 into it, sold for $1600. Nice little profit for not a ton of work, and learned some new things in the process. Nice to have that bit of space back in the garage too. Perfect timing since I just bought a welder to get into welding.

Registered
Well just sold the GS500E, had about $650 into it, sold for $1600. Nice little profit for not a ton of work, and learned some new things in the process. Nice to have that bit of space back in the garage too. Perfect timing since I just bought a welder to get into welding.
Awesome. What welder did you end up buying? What welding projects are you wanting to tackle?

Registered
Discussion Starter #44
I just got a flux core welder from harbor freight, they had a sale on it for $100 a couple weeks ago. Grabbed a small welding table, gloves, auto darkening mask, and welding jacket as well, all said and done ran me about $225. As for the near future basically just welding anything needing repaired, but long term fun project might be turning my nephews Dodge Ram 3500 power wheels into a badass go kart.

I had done a sort of day long course around 10 years ago when I started school for automotive tech, but never did anything more with it. Being in Florida nothing rusts so on cars not much in the way of welding was needed. I figure it'll be a nice practice/beginner welder, and if I stick with it I'll get a better one later.

Registered
So no one should panic when you tell them you flipped your GS500?

41 - 46 of 46 Posts