Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Giacomo Agostini, perhaps the best road racer of all time (the Rossi of his era - and more) turns 80 years old today. Still sharp as a tack, he even has all his hair :-( A review of his wins on Morini, MV Agusta and Yamaha is utterly amazing. Only in Italain - hey, learn a fascinating new language...

Reactions: auburn

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
many years ago I won a competition in a motorcycle magazine, and got a special VIP paddock pass at Oulton park (England) on a race weekend to meet the riders and get a close up look at the race bikes.
most of the riders were very friendly. a few seemed preoccupied on the racing. but one was very rude.
I had no idea Italians knew what F*** off meant. I was never a fan of his after that.

• Wow
Reactions: auburn

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now that's Italian! He had been working for Count Agusta, so some of the arrogance must have rubbed off. Maybe.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
hi, no idea could have just been having a bad day. but first impressions can be long lasting.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The guys on the guzzi forum found him on a better day. Maybe he thought you were from Manchester???

·
Fast Old Guy
20,048 Posts
Geese I always thought oh Ago as one of those old guys. Turns out I’m four years older than him?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts