Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A set to $30 carbs from E-Bay has my EX500 running like a top. The problem now it that the headlight does not work. I put in a new bulb and checked the fuses. Still no light. FWIW this bike has been dumped more times than a cheerleader with skidmarks. Any ideas? Thoughts? Wisecracks?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Knightslugger said:
did you check the switch?
Not yet. Before I break out the test light, I'm trying to make sense of the wiring diagram in the manual . The older I get the smaller they print these things. It doesn't look to be damaged though.

·
Registered
19,367 Posts
Bad Company said:
A set to $30 carbs from E-Bay has my EX500 running like a top. The problem now it that the headlight does not work. I put in a new bulb and checked the fuses. Still no light. FWIW this bike has been dumped more times than a cheerleader with skidmarks. Any ideas? Thoughts? Wisecracks?
I'll buy your old carbs for the value of shipping them to

FOG

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FOG said:
Bad Company said:
I'll buy your old carbs for the value of shipping them to

FOG
Done. PM me an addy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK. Checked the switch. No power there. Went to the junction(fuse box). Power at all the fuses. Went to check for power at the connectors and the connector on the left side of the bike has none. Deciphering the schematics best as I can this would explain why none of my safety cutouts work either. Going to try to find a junction box unless anyone here has something up their sleeve on this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts