Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
New member from alberta canada.

I have/Had? a 06 500R thanks to come inconsiderate nincompoop that forgot to secure his load on his trailer i ended up laying it down a few weeks ago.

thankfully im ok it could of been alot worse the gear took the brunt of the impact and thankfully i just got off with medium road rash and deep bruising.

hoping to hear back from insurance soon but the estimate from the shop is over 6k so i think she's going to the great parts bin in the sky.

·
Super Moderator
6,150 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Man! what a sad way to joint the forum! Glad you're ok and I hope trailer-boy goes straight to hell.
So, no way to fix the bike? Maybe you can get an insurance settlement and keep the bike to fix yourself. I've done it with ICBC here on the coast. Then Depending on the damage, you can find bits to make a decent bike... the fairing as OEM is hard but ,depending... they can be credibly fixed or a substitute found.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Welcome, glad you're OK, now sue the hell out of the guy, his company, and anyone else who has insurance. It's crazy how people aren't held accountable for their actions on the roads, but if possible, sue! sue! sue! so maybe the inconsiderate nincompoop will learn. I hope the driver at fault was found and didn't just drive off into the sunset...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts