Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day! I just got myself an old 500R with only 7500 miles on it from a Harley Dealership for cheap; it starts easy and aside from a mangled looking key there are no issues. Aside from this girl, I've been riding dirt bikes for the last couple years, but found the itch to hit the streets and go the distance. MSF course is this month, and I'm excited to hit the streets in Alaska (though preferably away from the city). Ignore the dirty floor and dirty... dirt bike, I usually wash it right away but didn't get around to it this one time.

Meet Akari!
20200530_124741.jpg

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Welcome! I got dyslexic for a second and read your bike's name as Akira after the Kaneda's bike in the movie Akira. You wouldn't happen to have used that for inspiration would you?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha, good movie but not this time! I just figured since she's a Japanese bike she should have a Japanese name :)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Nice find!

A dirty dirt-bike is a well used dirt-bike. :)

Looks like a TT-R 230?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Welcome!

I bet Alaska is beautiful to explore.

I had a Datsun that I named Yoshimi because I needed a Japanese name and liked the song. I also had a few air-cooled VWs with German names.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice find!

A dirty dirt-bike is a well used dirt-bike. :)

Looks like a TT-R 230?
Yes! Good eye, was a cheap dirt bike I made my own and have used for a couple of years, love it. While an upgrade may be due in the near future, it's actually perfect for AK's terrain.

Welcome!

I bet Alaska is beautiful to explore.

I had a Datsun that I named Yoshimi because I needed a Japanese name and liked the song. I also had a few air-cooled VWs with German names.
It is! Summers here are awesome, and make up for the long winters :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts