Re: Problem Solved
OK...I finally figured it out.
At the suggestion of this forum, I decided to take the time to disassemble the caliper.
I removed the two bolts that attach the caliper to the bracket and removed it from the rotor.
The loose (outside) brake pad fell out onto the floor.
I think that previously, when I reassembled the wheel, I put the brake pad back in the wrong position. Instead of inserting the pad into the space in the stationary metal plate, I think I managed to get the pad behind (to the outside of) the plate.
Then, when I pressed the brake pedal, the piston pushed on the back of the pad, but couldn't push it against the rotor, because the pad was stuck behind the stationary plate.
I think the sliding pins were still working OK, and the inside brake pad was pressing on the caliper, but without the squeezing pressure of both brake pads, the brake was pretty ineffective. That also could be why the rotor looked like it was being pulled outward (the inside pad was pressing but the outside one was not).
So...I reassembled the caliper, taking care to insert the pad in the stationary plate such that it could be pushed through by the piston (*Note: I used a C-clamp to compress the piston first). After I got everything back together, I tested the brake and got a lot better braking power out of it. Now the pedal doesn't go all the way to it's stop unless I apply a significant amount of pressure.
Thanks for all your help everyone!