Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

My infamous milk crate/backrest. Helps keep the 8yo daughter on. Great for hauling groceries too.

Fenderectomy and blinker relocation.

I'll take some new pics one day.

·
Registered
270 Posts
nice looking bike where did you get that lower fairing?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a 1992. I found it in the paper a few years ago, and when I went to look at it, the guy said, "Hang on, I'll go *inside* and get it." He kept it inside his house. He owned it since it was new, so its been taken care of. He bought the Targa full lower fairing, and had it installed at the dealer in '92. I took it off for the winter (easier to work on), and have not put it back on yet. I kinda like the look without it. I've got a buddy that has a brand new EX, and mine is just as good, IMO. Harder to buy good tires, for it, maybe.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Nice looking ride.

I like the lower faring on it myself, but it's your bike so you can take it off or keep it on.

Did you replace the mufflers or was it the previous owner ? are they just newer stock cans ?

·
Registered
199 Posts
God what a nice kept bike --- really classic...

Man if i had big bank -- I'd take a bike like that, and like find a way to sneak in a zx-10 engine in there....and just mob around and race R6's and Gixxers just to make them be like "WTF ?!!!!?"

like that V8 they put in that miata on Gearz .......

·
Registered
57 Posts
I love it!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
clean looking bike.

I like it alot.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. The PO had those stainless steel can covers put on to cover scratches. They make the mufflers look like the newer chromed models. The grab rail was stripped and polished, and I like the look. All in all, not a bad deal for $1,700 a few years ago.

I have had a lot of fun on this guy.

I can see the appeal for bigger, faster bikes, but when I'm out riding, I've never wished I was on anything else. It has given me the chance to do some of my own work too. I mounted two new tires, adjusted the valves, changed a bearing in the rear wheel, and several other minor projects.

Maybe some bigger projects in the future.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey, i'm the buddy with the brand new ex. well really it is a 2005 model. but bibletoter's bike runs just as well as mine and i know becuase we switched bikes for half of one of our joy rides.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Welcome here ;D

we have to see both of those in the same pict :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts