Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey you guys be SUPER careful this weekend. i got busted and got a ticket for going 80 on the freeway :mad:. i saw nothing but cops pulling people on the freeways so be careful for that and drunk drivers this weekend. the cop was a prick too. gave my bike the look over like they do when they catch a civic speeding or something. just a heads up be careful

·
Registered
216 Posts
Same thing out here - they have this campaign going for the 4th of July which started this weekend - extra cops, DUI checkpoints, etc. Wheelies not recommended.

·
Registered
47 Posts
shouldnt be a problem, my bike will be so loaded down with chics and beer going to the beach, i wont even be able to speed ;D ;D

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
not even a concern for me. I"m keeping myself the heck home until the 5th. the 4th, if I HAVE to go somewhere, I'll just let someone else drive me, that way if they get pulled over, its not on my record, and I"m not going to jail. probably I'll just sit at home on the 4th and watch the fireworks go boom.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Ooh yeah thanks for the reminder! Heck I'll probably stay off the road simply because I know there will be an abundance of drunks driving around.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
I was driving next to these 2 punks today. Both were driving Civics with huge Nos logos on the back. Needless to say they drove like complete idiots... After having a bad day myself, I thought "why are the cops always not around when you need them?" They zoomed on ahead probably doing 120 km/h in a 50 zone, I caught them at a red light and as I started turning two cop cars pulled them over. That just made my night!!!!

Anywho, be careful out there peeps!!

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
kevin said:
shouldnt be a problem, my bike will be so loaded down with chics and beer going to the beach, i wont even be able to speed ;D ;D
You must have done the "beer cooler attached to luggage rack" mod.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Last week on my way home from work (7 miles or so) I'd see about 5 patrol cars a day. Yesterday I didn't see any. End of the month... good time to help a salesman meet his quota (if he'll give you the right price), bad time to help an officer make his quota.

On holidays like the 4th and new years eve, they are usually looking for drunk drivers (which none of you fine people do, of course), but if there are that many out there you don't want to tempt fate by going over the speed limit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts