Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey....

So, I apologize for opening ANOTHER after market exhaust thread, but I found a full Hindle exhaust selling for dirt cheap and it's in mint condition. Came off 2000 EX. I read some other threads on the board about the Hindle, but am looking for more clarification.

My questions, as I have to decide by tomorrow if I'm taking it since the guy is holding it:

1) Is this thing obnoxiously loud? I don't mind loud, but am just hoping it won't blow my fiance's ear drums open.

2) I don't need to lose the rear passenger pegs right? I noticed on another Hindle thread the guy had an pre-94 in which he said he took off the pegs but wasn't sure - it's not an option for me to lose them.

3) Lower fairing piece - do I need to lose it, or can something be modified to keep it?

4) Pilot/jetting, etc - I'm mechanically inept, and just read a tonne of that recent piloting/jetting thread. If I buy this pipe, can I get away with 2.5 turns, or do I really need to get into everything.

5) Centre stand - need to lose it too right? (which sucks, but I'll buy stands.)

(Mechanical newb here trying to learn. If it's a big word, dumb it down for me! Pretend I'm stupid...well, it's not pretending I guess)

Thanks! ;D

·
Premium Member
25,165 Posts
you shouldn't need to do anything but adjust the pilots... maybe.  the popping on decelleration is caused by O2 entering the exhaust system through the PAIR or other source and exploding the unburned fuel in the pipe.  you don't hear it on stock exhausts because the silencers do such an awesome job.  Remove the PAIR, and remove the popping.

Personally i haven't heard them in person, but from the clips online that i have heard they sound just about like Sarachus without the double thump.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a Hindle on my Pre-94. The one you reffered to. The pipe sounds awesome. Loud, But not too loud. A beautiful sound, Plus they are built, and designed by a Canadian. They have a nice low, throaty rumble, But really come into their own when the bike is opened up. They do not require removal of the passenger pegs. The pegs were removed on my bike for 2 reasons- One, it's a racebike. Two, the previous owner bent the mid pipe so that it would be a high exit. Stock, the pipe would sit lower, and you could retain your passenger pegs. I do not have a lower, so I cannot comment on wether or not you need to modify it. If it doesn't clear, you can always modify it. As for jetting, by bike has the full Hindle, and K&N pod filters. There is a stage on kit in it, But with the full exhaust, you may need to go up one size on the main, and adjust the pilots as needed, But there is no way to tell untill you ride the bike, and make some observations, or have it put on a dyno with A/F reading capabilities. I would almost guarantee you need to get rid of the centerstand, But my bike didn't have one when I got it, so I don't know.

Hope that answers all your questions,

Brad.

P.S. What happened to the Crevier Beaver. It kicked ass. ;D Crevier is an awesome rider, and quite the character. Very personable and fun to be around.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Knight/Marshall, that helps out. I'll be picking it up this morning!

The Crevier Beaver is still safely on the back of my helmet! I've got the HJC FG-12 Crevier Edition helmet :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
I think I remember reading about the exhaust when I was looking into that stuff

Muzzy, Hindle= lose centerstand..?

I see that most people with the V&H was able to keep their stand with mods

Jardine system looks like if you get the left exit point that you don't have any problem with the stand

and all I think require the lower fairing mod

1 - 5 of 5 Posts