Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I put it on the other night! Full HINDLE exhaust with a 14" oval can!
It's loud! But not too bad when you are cruising at 4000+rpms.
The install took less than one hour. Very easy to do!
I would recommend ordering new copper rings(seals) for at the header pipe to head.
Other than that, a quick pilot screw adjustment (mine already had the cover removed!) it was pretty simple!

Tonight I am doing the airbox mod and will check the plugs.

I'll post pics too! Maybe a sound clip!

·
Registered
234 Posts
You know what they say, "loud pipes, save lives." I used to be cut off in traffic now and then---not anymore after I installed Sarachu. More power to Brazil.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
I was curious about Hindle, since you can retain the centerstand and not have to cut the lower cowling.

In the last few years, I have gotten stuff from Starcycle, but I noticed that the Hindle was listed for the 500cc Ninja.

Where did you guys purchase your systems?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for the delay posting pics guys!!
Here they are!

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
135 Posts
could u post a sound clip..i cant find one anywhere...also how much was it, the website says $500 US is that about right?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dabadass said:
could u post a sound clip..i cant find one anywhere...also how much was it, the website says $500 US is that about right?
I will try to get you guys a soundclip on Tuesday..I have the day off, so does the girl!

It's loud, compared to my stock exhaust ZX14!! LOL!!

R

·
0 Posts
^
Yup, it is loud! I've got a friend with a Hindle on her ZX6R, and my 500's Hindle is waaaay louder.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Royson said:
^
Yup, it is loud! I've got a friend with a Hindle on her ZX6R, and my 500's Hindle is waaaay louder.
Yup, louder than my ZX9R with full race HINDLE on it and a 16" can. Our 500 ninja has a 14" can on it!! It barks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dabadass said:
how would you compare it to a muzzy? Is it louder or more $$$??
Sorry, I have never seen another 500 with an exhaust, other than mine (hers, I guess!).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sounds pretty much the same....maybe the Hindle is louder!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dabadass said:
what did you pay for it and the install is pretty simple?, no cutting anything right?
Took an hour to install...maybe less! Not sure what I paid for it yet, as the wife works at the local dealer!

·
Registered
19,368 Posts
No offence to you , but that thing looks like something off a Ford pinto painted silver. But then I don't like any aftermarket pipes.

FOG

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
mugwump said:
Ok what were your adjustments on the pilots?
They are at 2.5 turns out!

And FOG, don't worry about it! To each their own man!!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Just trying to understand carberation...

Ok that's where I run as well with the air box mod so often described here. Have you performed the air box mod as well? Did the installation of the exhaust effect your mileage?

I can live with my stock exhaust. It works well for me. I leave the house early and I'm sure my neighbors appreciate it. Also some of the fun roads that I ride have farms and farm houses right on the road. I usually run them very early to avoid traffic etc... and the bike being quiet is a plus for friendly relations.

I went on a poker run recently, 98 % Harley's. I haven't been on an HD since 83 so being trapped in a pack of them was quite a revelation. While some say that loud clut, er pipes save lives, I contend that loud pipes cause annoyance and animosity. OK they look nice....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts