Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran across one of these today . Front forks and wheel gone but rest looked pretty good. Teally unfarmilar with this bike any knowledge from anyone would be appreciated. A little before my time not by much lol . 3 year production run from what I've read .any worth to it ? Anyone had one ?

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Cult bike around here (San Francisco Bay Area), cool little Honda V-twin. Race bike in street clothing....Two Brothers (of the exhaust company fame) made their name racing Honda Hawks back in the day. Later, they took the name Erion Racing. Kevin Erion said the Hawk was a GP bike in disguise.

Not worth a great deal these days, but that really depends on your location. I've seen them sell here from anywhere around $1500 all the way up to $6.5K for a mint, low mileage example. All price points in between too. Most seem to go around the $2K mark that I've seen.

If the one you're looking at is missing it's forks and has evidence of accident damage it might be wise to pass. If the front end is just missing, maybe find a used CBR600RR front end for it and buy the bike as cheap as you can. I'm sure you could find a complete 600RR front end for under $600 on eBay. If you pay $500 or less, for both you could probably flip the thing for around $2K. Maybe a bit more with the RR front end on it. Though once you ride it, you might find it's a keeper..........sean

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ty for the info I think I can grab It for around a hung. Its sittin in junk yard were my stepfather moonlights paintin cars in his retirement lol. I'll give it looking over ,box frame ought to show signs of a wreck pretty easy ,but from what I've seen looks pretty nice . Was thinking of a build to give to my son . Dosent seem like a obsine starter at 59 horse .

Side note. Not tyrin to flex as a newbie here but if u move a post a little heads up to the OP couldn't hurt ✌

·
Super Moderator
15,149 Posts
apologies....will leave a "marker" in the future. I'm retired....still learnin' the moddin' ropes here.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No worries took a few min to find it lol. I probably should have looked a little closer to find the appropriate posting spot.

·
Premium Member
3,767 Posts
I think the Hawk is a cult bike pretty much everywhere. It's got a great frame and known for sweet handling, if a bit underpowered. For $100 I'd buy it and part it out.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts