Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
Well, here's a dumb question for our inaugural thread in this new section:

How do you delete pages? I just created a page, but then I decided that I don't like it and I want to get rid of it. Any idea how to do this?

·
Premium Member
8,334 Posts
also... I've edited a couple of pages to include links to the proper posts...
the wiki history feature doesn't work as of yet it seems.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ratchet said:
also... I've edited a couple of pages to include links to the proper posts...
the wiki history feature doesn't work as of yet it seems.
Please feel free to edit any of my articles to improve upon them as you see fit. I'm not nearly as knowledgeable as a lot of the other people on this forum, so I'm sure there will be corrections/improvements to be made, and also there will always be typos or confusing wording, etc etc etc.

·
Premium Member
8,334 Posts
shades... for the most part man, there's no big issues with any post I've seen... just a "oops, that was mis-spelled", or a "gee I think there should be a link to post XYZ here instead of having to look for it"

Overall, these wiki sites are going to save everyone a lot of looking.
Keep on creating man... you're doing a great job.

If there's anything you want a hand with, let me know... but I don't think there's much left to do.

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Shades, just create the 'Wiki Admin' group, set the Wiki up to respect it, and added you to the group.

Take a look around and see how things are working for you now, and let me know if you run into any problems...

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool, thanks!

Looks like I got some new powerz now. HP + 2.

What does 'Protect' do? Keep anyone 'cept a mod from editing the page? It seems not to be working...

I think 'Delete' is also not working.

·
Premium Member
8,334 Posts
shades - sent you a PM concerning some changes I'm thinking about -
feedback appreciated when you get a chance man.

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
ShadesOfGray said:
Cool, thanks!

Looks like I got some new powerz now. HP + 2.

What does 'Protect' do? Keep anyone 'cept a mod from editing the page? It seems not to be working...

I think 'Delete' is also not working.
Yep, I installed an extension to ad Google Analytics support to the Wiki, seems to be causing some trouble... will troubleshoot and update you when I get it fixed.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Replied to the PM... I trust your judgment, ratchet. Like I said, feel free to make any edit to any article of mine as you see fit. As long as you're more or less sober and trying to help, I'll take what I can get!

And oh yeah, 'Move' doesn't work either.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Administrator said:
Yep, I installed an extension to ad Google Analytics support to the Wiki, seems to be causing some trouble... will troubleshoot and update you when I get it fixed.
Cool. I'm a big fan of everything google..... :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts