Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Funny thing is, that's the same reason I got the pipes installed :D To help the roomie out after he crashed the bike (like real bad) I pretty much let him skip the cosmectics (minus the fairing of course) So I was riding around with this big ol' rusty brown strip across my exhaust pipe.. hehe... Yeah I got real lucky on the aftermarket pipes... Even on eBay systems are at least 300 bucks. What about slip-ons?

R

·
0 Posts
PontiacJack said:
What about slip-ons?
I considered replacing with just stock - saw a guy on here just recently offering his for 100 bucks. And my buddy said he'd replace if I wanted, but I figured I'd hold out for a good deal on an aftermarket and hit him up for a 100 bucks towards them then! (Jerk is properly reading this right now too!)

I'm in no rush to replace really, scratches aren't too horrible. Given he was doing about 40km/ph in a parking lot when he dumped it over a speedbump, and that he then slid 40 feet with the bike and stopped underneath the bumper of a Cavelier (luckily without touching the car), the damage was minimal. Took the corner off the front fairing, without any cracks, scratched the mirror, chipped my bar ends, and scrapped up the left muffler.

He was in shorts and a t-shirt, and came out with zero-cuts or scratches too!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Royson said:
PontiacJack said:
What about slip-ons?
I considered replacing with just stock - saw a guy on here just recently offering his for 100 bucks. And my buddy said he'd replace if I wanted, but I figured I'd hold out for a good deal on an aftermarket and hit him up for a 100 bucks towards them then! (Jerk is properly reading this right now too!)

I'm in no rush to replace really, scratches aren't too horrible. Given he was doing about 40km/ph in a parking lot when he dumped it over a speedbump, and that he then slid 40 feet with the bike and stopped underneath the bumper of a Cavelier (luckily without touching the car), the damage was minimal. Took the corner off the front fairing, without any cracks, scratched the mirror, chipped my bar ends, and scrapped up the left muffler.

He was in shorts and a t-shirt, and came out with zero-cuts or scratches too!
lucky lucky him! unlucky you :-[

·
Registered
270 Posts
I really hope you don't think that all technicians (like myself) are all bad, but don't get me wrong some should not be using a wrench around bikes.

·
Registered
72 Posts
PontiacJack said:
Yeah I was thinking of kinda documenting the brake job but it was my 1st motorcycle brake job so I decided to concentrate on the job instead and taking mental sidetracks to take photos at the right time and so forth... I could definatly write something up next time around though.

Gee the brand? Uhm I tossed the box. It was a universal doohingy I got at cycle gear. An English company actually. I'll see what I can dig up when I make it home... Yes I'm working the friday after thanksgiving... oooo the hangover.
How long did the rear pads last for you?
Chhers!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
uhm i think 6-7k

21 - 26 of 26 Posts