Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,
I have a 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 500
The bike is decent condition cosmetically with a dent on the gas tank and a few cracks on the plastics
I live in South Florida and things are a lot more expensive here
What do y’all think the value is?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Like the housing market, comparable prices are everything. Doesn't matter what you think your bike is worth is everyone else is selling cheaper. Likewise, if yours in the only bike for sales, you can command higher prices.

I just sold a TTR-125 dirt bike for way more than I paid for it, after owning it for 7 years. Because demand is high and supply is low.

Throw out a high price, it may sell. If not, come down gradually until someone bites.

You also have a year-round riding climate, unlike here in IL where we are getting ready to shut down for the year. Bikes for sale in Winter here are usually cheaper, but most people store them until Spring and higher prices as we start the riding season again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like the housing market, comparable prices are everything. Doesn't matter what you think your bike is worth is everyone else is selling cheaper. Likewise, if yours in the only bike for sales, you can command higher prices.

I just sold a TTR-125 dirt bike for way more than I paid for it, after owning it for 7 years. Because demand is high and supply is low.

Throw out a high price, it may sell. If not, come down gradually until someone bites.

You also have a year-round riding climate, unlike here in IL where we are getting ready to shut down for the year. Bikes for sale in Winter here are usually cheaper, but most people store them until Spring and higher prices as we start the riding season again.
Thank you for your response, I bought the bike for $1300 from a guy in a poorer area about an hour away from my house. I had to put $400 into it for a new starter clutch and some other repairs. I’m at $1700 but I feel like I’ll be able to atleast break even as I’m in no rush to sell it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thank you for your response, I bought the bike for $1300 from a guy in a poorer area about an hour away from my house. I had to put $400 into it for a new starter clutch and some other repairs. I’m at $1700 but I feel like I’ll be able to atleast break even as I’m in no rush to sell it.
I just sold my 2005 Ninja 500 with 5k miles today for $2800, I live in Tampa if that helps. If I sat on it longer I probably could've gotten more but seeing as I was only $1600 into it to begin with I figured that was fair, had the bike for sale about 3 weeks.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Do you have pictures of the bike? That could help folks on here advise on pricing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just sold my 2005 Ninja 500 with 5k miles today for $2800, I live in Tampa if that helps. If I sat on it longer I probably could've gotten more but seeing as I was only $1600 into it to begin with I figured that was fair, had the bike for sale about 3 weeks.
Wow you made a killing! $1200 profit is great. Im going to put mine up as soon as it gets back from the shop. I’m $1700 into mine but it has 26k miles. I’ll put it up for $2300 and see what happens.

·
Registered
216 Posts
where you gona advertise it? I live in South FL too and watch/look at Craigslist every day. I think your over priced but you have nothing to lose at that price, I see people always using the mantra "not in a hurry to sell, No low ballers" which I think is BS, but thats just me. They say in the car/bike industry, "there is an as* for every seat" so go for it. I got my 04 Ninja in 07 with 1500 miles on it for $1500 dollars. Food for thought, not that those prices translate to reality anymore. I have seen newer bikes doodes want to get out of for decent prices. Good Luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts