Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The hole is too fine for me to thread a wire through, so I thought that soaking them would be the next best option. I need ideas on things you might find around the house that would do this for me. I don't have carb cleaner, I don't have brake fluid. I have engine degreasing fluid, maybe some other stuff. I just need ideas. And yes, I am financially tight. I have to cancel my insurance due to being out of work now, so that's why I am asking for around-the-house type stuff. One of my jets has a slightly smaller hole (when shining light through) than the other, so I assume there's crap in there.

Thanks -

S

·
0 Posts
A compressor will work without even soaking it, if you are financially tight and do not have a compressor, your next best option is to go down to a local computer shop or something along that order and buy a can of compressed air, costs only a few bucks. Soaking will only do so much, you need to blow it out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here is a simple thing I use. Take a piece of stranded wire, and use one of the strands or possibly two.

I soak all the parts first then run the strands of wire through each hole. Then follow up with compressed air.

Todd

1 - 5 of 5 Posts