1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
241 Posts
oh man, thanks for the video..............

before your video, i was having trouble putting it up on the center stand........ i thought i was just really weak.........but now, its a peice of cake

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
most of the time i put the bike on the centerstand while im sitting on the bike. i stand up and put my foot on the center stand, and push it down until it hits the ground, then pull back on the bars, an keep pushing down on the center stand.

easy peasy lemon squeezy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sonyminidiscman said:
oh man, thanks for the video..............

before your video, i was having trouble putting it up on the center stand........ i thought i was just really weak.........but now, its a peice of cake
You're welcome. I felt the same way when I first got my bike.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dragknee said:
most of the time i put the bike on the centerstand while im sitting on the bike. i stand up and put my foot on the center stand, and push it down until it hits the ground, then pull back on the bars, an keep pushing down on the center stand.

easy peasy lemon squeezy
I've tried that technique but it hasn't worked for me...

·
Registered
19,367 Posts
Try rolling either wheel up onto a board. Even a 1" thick one will do. then lift it onto the centerstand.

FOG

·
Registered
152 Posts
Wow, the Mighty Mighty Bosstones as theme music...

That takes me back! What was the name of that album...it had a white cover with the band on the front...AHHHH, "LET'S FACE IT". wow, I can't believe I remembered that.

Anyway, I don't use the grab rail in the back to put the center stand up. If you reach under the back-left plastic there is actually a "handle" type feel to it. I use this instead because it feels more comfortable for my right arm. Just another idea for those out there seeking help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just did my first oil change on my 500.. piece of cake.. very easy to do on these bikes!

By the way the Rotella is what my buddy, who lives and breathes bikes, told me was the best stuff. (I using non-synthetic until I hit 1000 then Rotella is it.) he also recommened the pure one filters too. Great video!

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
antrey said:
I've tried that technique but it hasn't worked for me...
hmm. you must be doing something wrong then. my girlfriend can put it up on the center stand that way, and if she can do it, IMO, anyone can :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I push down on the centerstand with my foot, put my right hand on the frame right at the passenger footpeg and pull up. I've found this works best for me on both the Ninja and my older, heavier Honda. I struggled with the center stand at first, I'm about 5'5" and 125lbs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the video. I've been workingon cars for years, and was being a wuss about working on the bike. You've helped me get past my wossieness.

Now I just got to figure out how to get it off the damn centre stand :p

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Sit on it, grab the clutch, cover the front brake and push forward. :)

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
If you do the spacer mod to the front springs it takes all the effort out. The difference between my bike sitting straight up and my bike on the center stand is about an inch. If I do the dogbones I may as well throw away the center stand :p.

stogiedmb said:
Anyway, I don't use the grab rail in the back to put the center stand up. If you reach under the back-left plastic there is actually a "handle" type feel to it. I use this instead because it feels more comfortable for my right arm. Just another idea for those out there seeking help.
Same here. I started that when I just had the KZ - reaching underneath was the only option. I guess it just stuck once I had the Ninja. I always felt like using the grab rail was putting too much work into my upper body and taking away my leverage. Of course all the work should be with your foot anyway, I guess.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The tip is to not put ANY weight on the foot that is on the ground. Put all of your weight on the center-stand and just slowly lean towards the back of the bike.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Excellent video. It took me a bit to figure out how to get it onto the centerstand when I first bought my EX, but I use the same process. And the suggestion of a small piece of wood to roll up onto is the best advice I've heard for this process -- makes a world of difference, and my wife can put it on the centerstand that way.

·
Registered
94 Posts
antrey said:
Both putting the bike on the centerstand and changing the oil are simple tasks but I remember I had to ask for advice before getting the bike up on the centerstand correctly. I've uploaded a how to video to my livevideo account that I recorded during my last oil change: http://www.livevideo.com/video/lessdeth69/02EDAC2419DA422486E5B3D44DDAB12D/2007-05-19-2006-ninja-500r-oil.aspx
Nice tip, thanks ! I tried this yesterday and it worked great.

I use to put the bike on the center stand while I was seated on the bike, but that was a hit or miss thing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
im going to echo most people here and say great job on this vid! also like your bike wash vid too :) wasnt too sure about just rinsing the entire bike (gauges, engine and all) without looking like too big of a noob outside until i saw that video ;D

thanks!

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Dextrose said:
im going to echo most people here and say great job on this vid! also like your bike wash vid too :) wasnt too sure about just rinsing the entire bike (gauges, engine and all) without looking like too big of a noob outside until i saw that video ;D

thanks!
What? You don't open your car doors and hose off that dash too? ;)

1 - 20 of 81 Posts