Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys a while back on the old forum I think FOG mentioned that HVMP bar ends were the next best alternative to installing sliders on the bike. http://hvmp.com/kawasaki.htm Does anyone have any ' crash experience ' with these things? I'm considering buying a pair.

Thanks

Jason

·
Registered
200 Posts
I am sure they would give some added protection considering they stick out past ur mirrors and levers. but not sure on how much they would actually help protect anything

·
Registered
19,362 Posts
Jkrup47 said:
I am sure they would give some added protection considering they stick out past ur mirrors and levers. but not sure on how much they would actually help protect anything
Trust me, everything Fog recomends has been......er tested.

FOG

R

·
0 Posts
I've got a set of them on my EX. My dipshit buddy (I know you read this, jerk!) dropped my bike in parking lot doing maybe 30ish km/phr. Bike slid about 30 feet, with limited damage. The ends definitely saved some damage off the handlebars and such. Only minor chips off of the ends too.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Royson.. which ones do you have? Long or short? or another kind and do they really help cut down on some vibs

R

·
0 Posts
Based on the pics, the short ones. They came with the bike. I can't really compare without them, since I've never taken them off, but I have like zero vibration in the handle bars...so they must be doing something!

·
Registered
404 Posts
I got mine from LP they work great. Here's a pic. (see how they stick out further than brake lever)
these are shorter then the long ones on that site though

[attachment deleted by admin]

R

·
0 Posts
I'll snap a pic of how mine look later, as I've still got stock grips. I think they look way better than stock handlebars, so the fact they help your bike in a crash/kill vibration is just a plus.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Royson said:
I've got a set of them on my EX. My dipshit buddy (I know you read this, jerk!) dropped my bike in parking lot doing maybe 30ish km/phr. Bike slid about 30 feet, with limited damage. The ends definitely saved some damage off the handlebars and such. Only minor chips off of the ends too.
Royson do you think these saved your fairing? I've let her down once before and I don't want/can't afford to pay all that $$$ for a fairing again.

Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've got the 16-ounce long version of HVMP and Motorcycle Larry's bar risers.

1st incident: 0mph, parking lot drop. Damage was limited to bent clutch lever and a minor scratch on the bar end.

2nd incident: 20-25mph low-side. Damage: ground off some plastic from the widest part of fairing in the front. Grind marks on brake lever ball and bar end. Scratches on muffler. Bent brake pedal.

·
Registered
72 Posts
ilya said:
I've got the 16-ounce long version of HVMP and Motorcycle Larry's bar risers.

1st incident: 0mph, parking lot drop. Damage was limited to bent clutch lever and a minor scratch on the bar end.

2nd incident: 20-25mph low-side. Damage: ground off some plastic from the widest part of fairing in the front. Grind marks on brake lever ball and bar end. Scratches on muffler. Bent brake pedal.
Low side at 25MPH :eek: YOu must have hit patch of sand or grease on the road!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yassoon said:
Hey guys a while back on the old forum I think FOG mentioned that HVMP bar ends were the next best alternative to installing sliders on the bike. http://hvmp.com/kawasaki.htm Does anyone have any ' crash experience ' with these things? I'm considering buying a pair.

Thanks

Jason
If you look at the pics of my EX (former) you'll see bif A$$ bar ends!
Those are HVMP monsters (haviest of end bars) Nice for vibration reduction. I don't know how they would save your bike's body work ,,,but then again what do I know ???

R

·
0 Posts
Yassoon said:
Royson do you think these saved your fairing?
Not certain they did, but the way my buddy put the bike down, and for how long the bike skidded, I'm sure they helped. They do give the handlebars more length, and they're really heavily built.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Bar Ends and Rear Frame Sliders

After reading through some of the various posts on bike protection is seems that bar ends and rear (only) frame sliders is the best way to protect the fairing and frame of the bike. Does that sound right?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Lochlyn Deckard said:
After reading through some of the various posts on bike protection is seems that bar ends and rear (only) frame sliders is the best way to protect the fairing and frame of the bike. Does that sound right?
The only other thing you could do is replace the stock pegs for some that are fixed position .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Royson said:
Who you calling a jerk, jerk!

R

·
0 Posts
^ You're the jerk that won't buy a bike. LOL! Conned Kills into getting preapproved for a bike loan, and now he won't take it. Thinks his Speed6 is fast enough. It ain't got nothing, sucka!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts