7,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See the source image

Turns out my brake light was out.
"Which one, the left or right?"
The upper center one
o_O
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire

As God is my witness I thought this was an optional bonus brake light.
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive lighting

Bulb replacement was a success, and I'm no longer a menace to society.

· Registered
499 Posts
So what do the cops have to say about all the guys driving Rangers with a canopy that blocks the third brake light? (Like I did for a couple of decades.) Nobody ever rear ended me; was I just lucky?

This relates back to that other post: "What feature do you find most useless on your ride?"

· Registered
469 Posts
Your compliant! Yay, this reminds me of the vanity plates that go around the license tag, some block the county where the veehickle is registered (In FL that is the way they do it.) Its a violation, do you see multiple ones every time you go out? Yep, you do. I just installed two front indicator lenses for my 96 Jeep for forty dollars along with some amber 1157 bulbs.

Did you get a citation or what? Warning? slap on the wrist?

· Registered
2009 Ninja EX500r
331 Posts
As a trucker can say when you see those semi's with a gazzillion lights on them, this pull over is all I see in their future. If you have a light on a vehicle DOT can pull you over, they will not always but they will on a Semi. As @po18guy stated, it is a gateway ticket to other things.

· Moderating: Fair & Just
7,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This relates back to that other post: "What feature do you find most useless on your ride?"
I think I could make the argument that this is a dangerous feature. That light is 6 feet in front of my bumper. I would prefer drivers focus on the lights that are at my bumper.
Did you get a citation or what? Warning? slap on the wrist?
Just a verbal warning. But they did take what seemed like a good 10 minutes running a check on my license.

· Registered
3,370 Posts
As a trucker can say when you see those semi's with a gazzillion lights on them, this pull over is all I see in their future. If you have a light on a vehicle DOT can pull you over, they will not always but they will on a Semi. As @po18guy stated, it is a gateway ticket to other things.
I was tongue-in-cheek suggesting that a brakelight out might lead the driver to violations of United nations neutrality acts or even genocide. This has to be nipped in the bud!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts