Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will never buy anything from airtech EVER, they suck. They piss me off for so many reasons and there products are ****!!
BEWARE BEFORE BUYing they dont take returnes, thats what the guy told me? Would NOTTTTTT recomend to any1. thats my 2 cents

·
Registered
381 Posts
I almost ordered an upper fairing from them but decided to pay a little more for a used oem on ebay. They have an unsatisfactory record on BBB. Not a good sign.

http://www.sandiego.bbb.org/commonreport.html?compid=1019859

Tell them you want a refund or you will contact bbb.com. Might not work since they already have a bad record with them. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
pfew, now that you've vented a bit, could you share the experience ?

Why did you want to return it in the 1st place ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
AirTech has sucked for centuries. I really don't know how or why they're still in business. Their product is inferior to others and they have lousy finishes and lousy attitudes.

They just plain old suck.

S

·
0 Posts
What exactly has you upset? Please enumerate the complaints concerning Air Tech you've encountered. Merely saying "they suck" doesn't tell me anything useful.

I have an Air Tech fairing, with which I am well satisfied. It arrived 2 weeks after I ordered it with a finish I would expect from a $200 part. I never expected the piece to restore my bike to "showroom-new"; Air Tech fairings are primarily for track bikes you know...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Not to tell the Mod what is up- but if a two poster came on here spouting that stuff in a one-liner and did not back it up-= I'd yank it.

Airtech is cheaper bodywork. That is why it costs way less than factory pieces. With some work it can be made to look great. Quick, quality and cheap- pick two.

·
Premium Member
25,165 Posts
cstem said:
Not to tell the Mod what is up- but if a two poster came on here spouting that stuff in a one-liner and did not back it up-= I'd yank it.
posts i can yank, no problem. PostERS, not so much. however he hasn't been on since 8pm last night. maybe he just got off the phone with them and wanted to blow off some steam. maybe he'll come back later tonight and explain himself a bit better. it's still a little too early to just "Yank it". So let him blow off steam. however his other topic is about to be closed down. two topics on the same matter is redundant.

if ANY of you see a post or topic that is suspect or you would like scrutinized, USE THE "Report to moderator" LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST. WE WILL LOOK INTO IT WHEN WE GET THE EMAIL.

·
Registered
199 Posts
We're filing a 12(b)(6) motion for failure to state a claim under which relief can be granted. So I suggest you amend your pleading young man!

Reversed and remanded.

;D

·
Registered
404 Posts
cstem said:

Airtech is cheaper bodywork. That is why it costs way less than factory pieces. With some work it can be made to look great. Quick, quality and cheap- pick two.
he already has a locked topic already...http://www.ex-500.com/index.php/topic,1757.0.html
he edited the original entry which was him not being able to figure out how to attach the
blinkers to the new race tail...if he an ex he would know the blinkers attach to the sub frame not fairings

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
he said he couldnt figure out how to install the race tail too ::)

i thought you put the seat on, then slipped the race tail over it, then bolted it in?

short of making one yourself, is there anywhere else to get a race tail for these bikes other than airtech?

·
Registered
270 Posts
use a foam mold and fiber glass away.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Knightslugger said:
SoarAndEnvision said:
We're filing a 12(b)(6) motion for failure to state a claim under which relief can be granted. So I suggest you amend your pleading young man!

Reversed and remanded.

;D
What?
That was a poor attempt at humor from a law student in need of clinical help :(

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
yeah i was thinking of the foam mold. although i like the one piece design of the airtech piece...

i need to make a mold :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
i wish airtech would just make a solo seat cowl for the ex... i know they have them for the gpz in europe... blah... still working on mine.... ive been in hell trying to fab one

·
Registered
3,881 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
they make a solo cowl for the 250, and a racetail for the 500 that covers the rear seat, but not a solo cowl for the 500.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts