·
Super Moderator
15,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nobody can ID the guy in blue jacket?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Taking a wild ass guess but would that be you ducatiman?

·
Super Moderator
15,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nope (can only wish i had a full head of hair!) 1 more day I'll spill the beans and do another

·
Super Moderator
15,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Giacomo Agostini
ding ding ding! At a public Yamaha Champions PR thing at Daytona some years ago, I was honored and privileged to be chosen by Larry Miars (the emcee) to ask him a question during a Q & A session. I asked if he'd like to be out on track, teaching these kids how to ride! His face lit up, smiling ear to ear. I clearly made his day, in the pic he was acknowledging me. WOW. talk about honored! Back when, this man actually raced against Hailwood

hailwood+Agostini+1967-1280x960-jun22.jpg._original.original.jpg

·
Super Moderator
15,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
next test.....name?

evel.JPG

·
Super Moderator
15,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yup, at Daytona again. over the years I saw him numerous times, at various track locations.

·
Super Moderator
15,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
next........who dat?

Daytona 200 wednesday 022.jpg

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Enrest P. Worrell?

·
Super Moderator
15,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
60's Icon Gary Nixon "Rumored" to be a bit of a drunk, 4 letter words flowing in my Daytona pit road conversation with him, commenting "these kids can't ride for s-*it!"

nixon.jpg

·
Registered
217 Posts
Nixon was a wild man! I met him when I was working at Triumph Ft Lauderdale in 2006. He was a heavy drinker, started with two double vodka tonics and then went to beers.

·
Super Moderator
15,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
next......... guy in white T shirt and leathers....who dat? Hint, a 70's Daytona 200 Superbike race winner

Bike week 07 fri sat 013.jpg

·
Super Moderator
15,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
My bad...apologies for incorrect ID in the clue...a former Daytona superbike race winner.

Spillin the beans....its Cook Neilson '77 Daytona Superbike winner on the legendary Old Blue. Not only rode it, but built it with Phil Shilling.

In '07 this old guy (me) sat next to and recognized him (another old guy) in the Int'l horseshoe infield stands. Needless to say, interesting conversation. So who eventually appears? Dave Roper Team Obsolete legend...we both yell and call him up, sits right there with us. Later Doug Polen shows too, yes THAT Doug Polen, the Superbike World Champ guy. I've got a Tshirt signed in Sharpie by all 3 and others. Never know who you're gonna see in pits or stands at Daytona! The old guys appreciate being recognized and respected.

old blue.jpg

1 - 20 of 42 Posts