Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I said there was one thing left to do on the bike since its new life with me, and over the winter i got around to it .........

day i bought it

http://www.ex-500.com/index.php/topic,7438.0.html

to this

http://www.ex-500.com/index.php/topic,11213.0.html

and now

new lift in the basement over winter

bike also got new chain and sprockets so now time to rack up some more km on her

thinking of getting 2 black Kawasaki logos for either side of the tank - less is more 8)

hope you like feedback always welcome positive or negative

but don't tell me to put on a bunch of tacky stickers thx lol

·
Registered
758 Posts
like the green...lookes like the porsche gt3 green (not sure of actual name of it)....

G

·
Very nice color man, and I like all the little mods as well. Great bike... although how in the hell did you get it into the basement in the first place?!

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
just curious what did you need to do to change the color of ur bike? like did you need to do paperwork?

G

·
my vote is for NO stickers at all... leave em guessing, show off the curves. Unless you need to hide the paint job ;D. Please don't get a ninja sticker...please please please. I cringe to think kawasaki even calls it a ninja, I KNOW they do it for sales but still.

·
Registered
122 Posts
So, where did you get the frame sliders. Once mine is up and running, I am getting them next......

G

·
^ Yep, I want to know which front frame sliders you have and if you had to do any modification to put them on.

Great job painting! You can probably find Kawasaki decals on ebay. I found white ones on there for my dirt bike after changing to black plastics for like $4 including shipping.

I also want to know how you got the bike into the basement, lol!

·
Registered
87 Posts
looks great!

it makes me wish we were having worse weather and i could start working on mine insted of riding it all the time!

+1 on the frame sliders.

if you are only using the stickers on the tank, have you thought about magnetic decals? they wont hurt the paint if you change your mind and want to go back to completely clean. that's just my 2cents.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thx for the comments guys

well for starters the basement, its a walk out basement with a sliding door now actually garden doors my dad installed recently so just ride the bikes down the hill open the doors and in they go

warm in the basement

as for stickers i am ordering up 2 8" Kawasaki stickers for the tank, will look good

and frame sliders i picked them up used but these are the ones i believe brg

http://www.ex-500.com/wiki/index.php/Frame_Sliders

rather then notching a hole so i can remove the belly pan, i just cut 2 holes and simply remove the frame sliders 30 seconds before removing the belly pan

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
triple88a said:
just curious what did you need to do to change the color of ur bike? like did you need to do paperwork?
just paint it any color you wish and go to your registration place and tell them u painted it and they will give u a piece of paper u simply fill out with new color and they will print you a new ownership, in ontario it was free of charge and very simply, i have done this with cars b4 very simple

G

·
:) that looks like my living room!
and for those of you who wanted to know how one gets in the basement (when it's not a walk in). I've taken a few bikes down stairs, with enough people it's not nearly as hard as it sounds especially with small light bikes. Biggest problem was always the 90 degree turn at the bottom of the stairs.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
mademiriam said:
:) that looks like my living room!
and for those of you who wanted to know how one gets in the basement (when it's not a walk in). I've taken a few bikes down stairs, with enough people it's not nearly as hard as it sounds especially with small light bikes. Biggest problem was always the 90 degree turn at the bottom of the stairs.
I wonder what i'd have to do to get my bike all the way to the 3rd story in my apartment.

I was thinking rip out the engine and the tranny, then take all the fairing and the tank off and at last the tires and carry it piece by piece upstairs? :-[

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
mademiriam said:
I wonder what i'd have to do to get my bike all the way to the 3rd story in my apartment.

I was thinking rip out the engine and the tranny, then take all the fairing and the tank off and at last the tires and carry it piece by piece upstairs? :-[
put some dirt bike tires on and ride it up :D

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.