Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
My idle is at 1.5k.

I let off the choke once the bike revs to 3-4k with choke on.

·
Registered
94 Posts
My bike idles at 1100 RPM fully warmed up.

I start it with the choke on 3/4 and then reduce the choke till the bike sounds like it's just starting to stumble, then increase it a little. In other words it all depends on the temperature humidity, and motor temp.

:)

·
Registered
343 Posts
my bike idles at 1.1 to 1.2k. When I first start it up, I adjust the choke to whatever it needs to be so that the bike idles at 1.5k, and start riding. Once I see the temperature guage move, I turn off the choke, at which point it shouldn't be lower than 1.1k

·
Registered
21 Posts
mine idles at about 1.2k with no choke and around 3k-3.5k with the choke all the way on.

i usually just use the choke to start up the engine on cold mornings. the engine starts off slow, then revs itself to around 3k. once its there for a couple seconds, i turn off the choke and the rpms drop to 1k. i leave it alone for another 5-10 mins to warm itself up and then ride off :)

·
Registered
244 Posts
I park in a climate controlled parking garage - and it's starting up at 1.5k, and stays at 1.5k once hot with no hiccups whatsoever (choke full minimum). I usually let it idle a minute or so while I gear up, and it seems to be quite fine once I take it out. We'll see what happens come winter, though.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Same here, 1.5k when warm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts