Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a corner on local road too hot, got target fixation on the gravel on the outside, the bike went over the edge and did a cartwheel over a fence. I think I did a bit of a high-side because I landed pretty far away from where we left the road.

I was wearing full Tourmaster gear (Sabre Jacket / Venture pants), RF-1000 helmet, SP-2 gloves, steel toe boots. So all I'm feeling is: my back is a little sore and I have two little bruises around my left should, and maybe one on my left inner thigh (I stuck my left leg out for some reason, I think I imagined my self stopping the bike or keeping it upright?)

Here are the pics: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=7594&l=e1c3d&id=500235522

I now have a nice Corbin seat for sale, a rear wheel, plus most other things. Let me know if you want anything for cheap.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Damn it man :eek: . Well the link makes you sign in to view . Can you post the pics here . Most important is your alright and the gear did its job . Did you have full coverage ?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fixed the link, should work now.

I only had liability since the bike wasn't worth much.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not enough excess money for it now, but my wife is open to the idea. When/if I do, I will be looking at something like a gsxr-600/750.

Also, I took my helmet apart and didn't see any damage in the foam inside, so I am going to send it to Shoei and have them x-ray it and re-aprove it for me.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Sorry to hear of your mishap. Glad to hear you had on gear and made it through relatively unscathed, although it looks like your wallet took a beating. ;)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sorry for your loss! I fell the pain...literally, I dumped mine yesterday hi side and lucky for me at slow speeds(traction issue/ excessive throttle for conditions). I would be interested in buying the Corbin from you.... Prices please!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Wow sorry to hear it, but at least you're OK.

Now straight to the vulture side, those bar ends look fine right? How much for those? YGPM

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'm sorry for your trouble but glad you made it out of the ditch in one piece. :(

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Glad you made it out in one peice :)

·
Registered
440 Posts
The main thing is that you are OK. Equipment is relatively cheap to fix.

I hate this time of year since the roads are crappy and my skills are rusty.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Poor EX :(

·
Registered
261 Posts
Kaw89_III said:
Glad you are ok! What year bike? Do you still have the Corbin seat?
Don't bother, he's proved to be a untrustable seller, see his thread in the classifieds.

·
Registered
234 Posts
smithmax said:
I now have a nice Corbin seat for sale, a rear wheel, plus most other things. Let me know if you want anything for cheap.
Hey, I'm glad you're OK. BTW, I'm interested in buying your Corbin Seat (I've EX500 2003) i'm in Van Nuys, CA. I tried to send you PM but it didn't go through (please advise.) Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
What's the status on this bike? Seems rebuildable, but if you have decided to go the parts route, there's some of us who would love to liberate a few components (like the flywheel!).

·
Registered
40 Posts
Bike looks totally rebuildable.

Ummmmm if you got in too hot and got target fixation, how is a GSXR gonna fix that?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts