Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just wanna say hi,

I'm new to this forum but i have been snooping around for some time. I got myself a 1998 500R and I have a question for all of you,

It seems to me that the inner rear fender (The plastic right below the seat when you take it off) is sloppily floating around in there, is there a way to bolt it onto the frame? I can't seem to find the area to bolt it with... *Just for further help, its attached securely onto the rear fender, but its hanging down after wards, nothing else is holding it.*

And... while we're on the subject, Where can I get the bolts to bolt the plastics to the frame of the bike? it seems that some of the holes have no screws in them.

·
Registered
722 Posts
the undertail only bolts to the rear fender, the front hangs by the rear shock iirc, its normal thats how kawasaki desgined it, and so far no problems in 20 years.

fairing bolts can be found at ronayers.com

·
Registered
261 Posts
I modified my inner fender so it didn't stay in place like it should have. I used a hook loop thingy, don't know what it's called exactly, but it's like a metal band with screw holes at the ends, used to hold wires in place under the hood of a car and what not, anyway I hooked it around the crossbar of the frame right behind the battery and bolted it to the fender. It holds it very securely.

·
Registered
43 Posts
On my 500 there is a small channel on either side that the fender sits in. It's a bugger to get in. From memory I would say that the channels are located just forward of the pillion footrest/Exhaust end can hangers. You'll know when it goes in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts