Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i noticed some guys want to change there stock headlight. does anyone know if angel or demon eyes will install in the airtech fairing that doesnt have precut headlights? will there be enough space between the forks and the fairing to install the headlights? would the power requirements for the angel/demon eyes be too much for the stock battery? thanks for your thoughts.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I don't have an answer, but was wondering if you had a link or a picture of what you're talking about. I'm not familiar with it myself.

If you have the wattage rating on the a/d eyes there are a few people who know the electrical system well enough that they could probably steer you in the right direction.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
All I can tell you about the stock setup is that you have about 30 to 40W to play with..

·
Registered
348 Posts
awakined, let us know how your project goes. I myself am interested to see whatever it is you come up with.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ill keep yall posted. its gonna be awhile before i get anywhere near a finished product. im deployed right now and away from my bike :-(.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Angel/demon eyes aside, is there a way to get a brighter or add more headlight to a G1 bike? It's not bad now, but I've been thinking about adding a pair of the small headlights (kinda like you see under the front bumpers of rice-burners) to either side and low of my single headlight to improve my visibility. Any ideas? Anything I should know about?

Thanks,

--Noob

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
You can change the headlight bulb to a H4 100W/55W or 100W/80W <= No extra wiring to do

There are not many foglights with only 30W.. And those wouldn't make any difference unless you want them to lighten you shoes..

Or you can get an HID conversion, which is more pricey but Knightslugger has some good links :)

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Frog said:
And those wouldn't make any difference unless you want them to lighten you shoes..
Bahaha! I know a few people who'd probably like to have lights on their shoes.

"Yeah, my bike's hot. Check out my shoes, they match!"

·
Registered
279 Posts
Careful just adding lights... kills your battery right quick!

·
Registered
74 Posts
So is the "H4" socket the one already in the bike, or do I have to modify the socket to modify the light too?

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
H4 is the stock socket :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts