Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,774 Posts
hey @jonh long time, good to see your presence on EX yet again! I'll be scouring for TT coverage here in the US.

·
Banned
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OOP'S, LOL

My COCK_UP I'm a week early,rofl.

TT Practice starts on the 30th,

Manx TV has live coverage and highlights are on ITV4..channel24 freeview..every night.

The supertwins will be of great interest this year as my nephew is taking part.

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
The supertwins will be of great interest this year as my nephew is taking part.
That's awesome!! What is his number? I'll look for him in the race.....though our coverage is sorely lacking and in arrears of the actual racing. IE, we "might" get to see the highlights a month after it's all gone down....if only there were a dedicated internet channel....you know, like MotoGP and WSBK...........sean

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
BBC streamed the 2019 NW200, we can only hope.....

... and sorry Jon, nothin' against your nephew, but I'll be rooting for McWilliams in the Super Twin. Us old guys stick together.

·
Banned
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bit late, but,

ROFL, He wasn't "riding" the bike, he was keeping the family tradition of wielding the spanners on it,LOL

It was a great week this year as far as the racing went, just the weather got in the way a little to much...bugger,LOL

On the subject of racing, I'm getting to bloody old for that lark :grin2: however, I've got my sights set on some "straightliner" run's. I've had the gpz down at Bruntingthorpe for testing and I'll be taking it to Elvington speed week in September....time to see just how fast a gpz can be made to go,:wink2:
Should be a laugh if nothing else,:grin2:

·
Banned
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Although the TT and the Classic TT (which I'd booked for this year...more on that in a min) have been cancelled, ITV4 are showing all the highlights and reviews from the 2019 races.
They are also showing (Wednesday I think) a "simulator race" with gamers and TT riders taking part. Not sure just what the format will be, but sounds like it could be a bit of fun.

As I say, I had booked and paid for my hotel and ferry crossing for the classic TT this year, I've never been to the classic so it's one that needs to be crossed off by bucket list.

With the week being cancelled I was cntacted by both the hotel and ferry company offering a full refund...which was very good of them. I replied and informed them I was not really looking for a refund (even if it has now become a rather expensieve week) but more along the lines of transfering by booking forward to 2021. Both the hotel and ferry company were quite willing to agree to that, so, even though I'm not going to get there this year, next year is already booked and paid for....at this years price,LOL.
So me and the little Velo are both in agreement...."roll on 2021"

·
Registered
352 Posts
Although the TT and the Classic TT (which I'd booked for this year...more on that in a min) have been cancelled, ITV4 are showing all the highlights and reviews from the 2019 races.
They are also showing (Wednesday I think) a "simulator race" with gamers and TT riders taking part. Not sure just what the format will be, but sounds like it could be a bit of fun.

As I say, I had booked and paid for my hotel and ferry crossing for the classic TT this year, I've never been to the classic so it's one that needs to be crossed off by bucket list.

With the week being cancelled I was cntacted by both the hotel and ferry company offering a full refund...which was very good of them. I replied and informed them I was not really looking for a refund (even if it has now become a rather expensieve week) but more along the lines of transfering by booking forward to 2021. Both the hotel and ferry company were quite willing to agree to that, so, even though I'm not going to get there this year, next year is already booked and paid for....at this years price,LOL.
So me and the little Velo are both in agreement...."roll on 2021"
You'll get a lot of compliments if you take the Velocette. Just be careful if you go out on Mad Sunday with it!

Last time I went to the TT 21 mins was a flying lap....

·
Banned
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL, Well if I;m going to the classic I might as well go "on" a classic.

The lap record now is under 17mins, and with the top speed of the velo only being 50mph....and thats only on the flat...with the wind behind you,LOL,... then if I can pedal it round in a touch under an hour I'll be chuffed, :)

·
Banned
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Some pics from the last velo meet I attended last year. Meets should have started again last weekend in march.
velo meet preston 104.jpg
velo meet preston 106.jpg
velo meet preston 104.jpg
velo meet preston 106.jpg
velo meet preston 107.jpg
velo meet preston 110.jpg
velo meet preston 105.jpg

The last pic...MAC350... has an interesting story, it's only a 2 owner bike, from 1955, the original owner bought it new in 55, and was riding it up to last year. He only sold it due to health problems. Fair play to an 80+ year old who could still kick one of these over and take it for a ride.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts