Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can find some cheap electronic format service manuals on ebay for an '08 250 but haven't seen one for the 500 yet.

Is the 250 close enough to the 500 ? If I had to guess it would be that most of it is identical, maybe even the engine except for the pistons/cylinders.

I'm refurbing a Ninja that sat unused too long and a manual would help for some things like messing with the brakes.

· Moderating: Fair & Just
7,825 Posts
You're going to need an actual EX500 gen2 manual. You should get one that covers through 2008, as the wiring diagrams slightly fluctuate between the gen2 years. Sometimes they can be found on ebay at a reasonable price.

· Registered
469 Posts
What year 500 do you have?

Some parts sort of interchange like I have 2008 250 swingarm, wheels, trees and forks on my 91 EX500, but for the most part they are completely different bikes. I'd want the correct manual for whatever year you have.

View attachment 57516

Some parts sort of interchange like I have 2008 250 swingarm, wheels, trees and forks on my 91 EX500, but for the most part they are completely different bikes. I'd want the correct manual for whatever year you have.

View attachment 57516

View attachment 57516
That is a sharp looking scooter! Nice work!

· Registered
1 Posts

View attachment 57516
Great looking bike!! Love that exhaust... aftermarket or custom built? Nice look!

· Registered
8 Posts
You need two manuals and neither of the EX250 manuals are applicable. The base manual is for 450cc cruiser (i can't remember the models) and your supplement manual will be for the EX500. I'm pretty sure I sold my set on ebay years ago. If you go to or call your local kawasaki dealer and speak with the parts desk you can get the part numbers for both manuals and this will help you search for listing or find the right .pdf files to download for free. I currently have an EX250 2nd gen and have a pdf of the service manual I downloaded for free. Though from my experience you'll have to do a lot of searching to get the right sites and or files. It's worth it though.

· Moderating: Fair & Just
7,825 Posts
The base manual is for 450cc cruiser (i can't remember the models)
The EN450
Part number 99924-1056-04

I believe the Supplement Manual part number changes with each updated edition. I have the 8th edition covering through the 2006 modal year. Part number 99924-1172-58

1 - 12 of 12 Posts