Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So before I go out on the road at the house, I check my signals and brake light. Then I cruise around the block listen for any odd sounds....then do a couple of hard stops.

Anybody else do that? Just curious.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,881 Posts
How about including some letters for Helmet, Gloves, Leather... other?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,314 Posts
you're supposed to put those on before you even get on the bike...

but that TCLOCK is just a mnemonic to help you remember important things to check on the bike...

if you look under the seat, there is a sticker that lists the pre ride checks too...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
I check all electrically operated gizmos, indicators, brake lights etc. after washing the bike - which is once a week. I do a couple of hard stops a week.

Good habits are easy to lose & hard to regain...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
348 Posts
it's TCLOCS, and it's a pre-ride inspection routine that they teach in MSF

T - Tires & Wheels
C - Controls
L - Lights & Electrics
O - Oil and Other Fluids (coolant, hydraulic fluid, fuel)
C - Chassis
S - Sidestand

close though ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
722 Posts
it's T-CLOCK depending on where you're from. K for kickstand, S for sidestand.

personally T-CLOCS just looks wrong.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
348 Posts
Jason said:
it's T-CLOCK depending on where you're from. K for kickstand, S for sidestand.

personally T-CLOCS just looks wrong.
I'm sorry if it hurts your feelings. That is how it is written in my MSF Basic Ride Course handbook, Sixth Edition, Third Printing: December 2005. Maybe you should contact the publisher if it bothers you that much? Here, I can get you the address...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
348 Posts
It really doesn't matter to me, but apparently you're having a hard time grasping that the acronym has been modified by different educational venues. Oh, and stop name calling.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
722 Posts
Jason said:
it's T-CLOCK depending on where you're from. K for kickstand, S for sidestand.

personally T-CLOCS just looks wrong.
Jason said:
it was used by the MSF prior to the new TCLOCS abbreviation.
yes that looks like I'm having a hard time grasping that it was changed, even though I acknowledge the change compared to this


eXce!!eNt said:
it's TCLOCS, and it's a pre-ride inspection routine that they teach in MSF

T - Tires & Wheels
C - Controls
L - Lights & Electrics
O - Oil and Other Fluids (coolant, hydraulic fluid, fuel)
C - Chassis
S - Sidestand

close though ;)
and

eXce!!eNt said:
I'm sorry if it hurts your feelings. That is how it is written in my MSF Basic Ride Course handbook, Sixth Edition, Third Printing: December 2005. Maybe you should contact the publisher if it bothers you that much? Here, I can get you the address...
stop trolling and you won't be deserving of the names.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
I do a once over on my bike before getting on it. Mostly visual stuff. I start the bike before putting on helmet / gloves etc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Right the arguing is painful. I just kind of posted this to see if anyone else does their pre-ride checks and hopefully a reminder for some to do theirs. I feel safer doing it! 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
633 Posts
I do a sort of check every time I ride, not everything every time, the big things I check is the tires, I use a good digital guage.

Then when i go I do a quick brake check.

Every few times I ride I look at everything.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top