Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how I can watch the TT this year in the states, if at all? Or do i have to wait three years for another DVD? :(

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
As soon as you know, pls share :)

·
Registered
1,107 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
superbike.cn some good racing vids the Isle of Mann vid is like an hour long. Wild some of those guys get a lot of air it's in the British Superbike section I think it's 2001 I dunno,Wolf,looks like a lot of **** to hit....rock walls,houses,pubs,drunk spectators....beautiful scenery

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
yeah I didn't say try to win the IoM, I said run it, at about 80% of race speed.... ;) on a FZR-400 or a Zx-4rr or NR-250

S

·
0 Posts
Seriously I would never race that race. I'd ride the course fast but never at competitive speeds. I think this statement sums it up, "with tire technology of today the margin of having a good lap and leaving in a pine box is exceedingly thin." No thank you.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
wolf66 said:
yeah I didn't say try to win the IoM, I said run it, at about 80% of race speed.... ;) on a FZR-400 or a Zx-4rr or NR-250
To quailify for the IOM you have to run the Manx GP, held in Aug or Sept. To qualify for the Manx you have to run the "New comers", to run the "New Comers" you have to qualify through timed practice.
You have to finish the "New comers" at no more than 110% of the winner's time. (So 80% of race speed ain't gonna cut it).
A FZR400 or a Zx4RR would put you solidly at the back of the pack in the Seniors.

....but all is not lost yet. There are open track sessions at the IOM.

I'm trying to enter the Manx in 2009. Anyone got a 2003 or newer TZ125 for sale?

·
Super Moderator
14,959 Posts
do some homework on this guys , just ONE American has ***won*** races there and averaged over the ton in doing so.

his name is Dave Roper....he's from NEW YORK and raced (at the time) for Team Obsolete.

do some googling....interesting. he's definitely got rather large, brass, uh......

·
Registered
38 Posts
if you want the video showing superbike and then another showing onbike footage let me know... I've got both downloaded...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts