21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Long time no see you! Glad to know you're ok

·
Super Moderator
14,774 Posts
not to veer off course, but hows the little Ducati doin'?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I'll update soon on that.

Done a bit since my last update, but have had a work/travel combination that took most all of the last month, and traveling again for three weeks next month. Target is on the road end of January.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I'll update soon on that.

Done a bit since my last update, but have had a work/travel combination that took most all of the last month, and traveling again for three weeks next month. Target is on the road end of January.
The other bikes in the vid look like they have O-rings for tires...

One less hassle is not having to wave at the others.

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
At about 9 and a half minutes in, is that sand all over the road at that intersection?

Really pretty there....reminds me of Thailand...only with less traffic.......sean

·
Registered
789 Posts
Ever thought about re-positioning the camera? Would be cool to see your riding from a different point of view, like maybe up towards the bars...or maybe towards the rear so we can see more of the motorcycle?

Also, what camera are you using?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

Bit of my early morning commute. Usually use the car for this but it blew up yesterday. . .

·
Super Moderator
6,022 Posts
Video says play back on other web sites has been disabled by the owner.

That would be you :surprise:.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
Works fine on my other devices without a login.

Also 70% of my meager views have come from my external links on this and two other forums. You can see the attachment below with this info.

So, maybe it's your computer or something?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,774 Posts
i'm able to view in a separate window clicking "watch this video on youtube"

never seen so many scooters in such a short strip of pavement
truck traffic creating dangerous traffic scenarios
@jackal How is your Monster project progressing? Any headway?

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
never seen so many scooters in such a short strip of pavement
truck traffic creating dangerous traffic scenarios

@jackal How is your Monster project progressing? Any headway?
Thailand is the same way. There are scooters every where.....and thick traffic too. Dangerous only to the uninitiated.....

But yes, @jackal how is the Monster project going? :laugh:

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
This is true. As I wrote above, Thailand is much the same way....only with more traffic.

Entire families aboard a single 600cc scooter...riding down the highway at speed. No helmets, no gear.....not even shoes.

In town, all the scooters go right to the front of traffic and when the light changes it is a free for all. No lanes really observed, traffic filters through as it fits.

Trucks overloaded beyond capacity are an everyday thing, not an abnormal situation. People just seem to work their way around them though, and the trucks hold their line and let it all happen.

If it sounds like complete chaos, it appears that way to the uninitiated. You or I would gasp at how crazy it all seems. At least at first. It does all work for them though, and there aren't many accidents.

It's just when there is one, 90% of the time it is fatal. Thankfully, I never witnessed such a thing, but I spent just enough time there to understand how to navigate the traffic. Once I figured it out, it didn't seem as crazy as when I first observed how it worked.....sean

21 - 40 of 42 Posts