Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

181 - 195 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
8,147 Posts

Yes, that's me. Yes, that's Valentino's bike. I forget what year that was, but I wound up riding to San Mateo for the SF INTERMOT show with a couple of guys I flew with.

It was the first day the show opened and we got there pretty early. For some reason, there was a Yamaha display left completely unattended. No security, no attendants, no representatives. Not a soul around. There were no signs stating "Do Not Sit" or anything.

What would you do? The 3 of us took it in turn to hop aboard and see what it was like to be astride a real MotoGP bike. Honestly, I was surprised at how comfortable it was. Felt as roomy as any street bike I'd ever ridden, and more so than many. All of us had the same comments afterward.

Reactions: Devilsfan

·
Registered
8,147 Posts

·
Registered
8,147 Posts

Parked on the back of the NasCar oval (Turn 3) at Indy.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts

Time in the sand box to go do my job......take off from an undisclosed location.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts

Alcatraz from around 1500 ft AGL. Local VFR training mission over the Bay. Not one that's done anymore though.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts

RIP Nick. Always remembered. :cry:

·
Registered
8,147 Posts

Elephant Walk.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts

Point Lobos State Nature Preserve.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
I've been following the thread for a little while now, but missed out that you revived it as a pic of the day thread. With all your military photos, I thought I'd share one too.

Picture was taken in 2011, WSMR. My NCO drove our Maxxpro into the foxhole he parked it in front of. It was during a training exercise and he was taking myself and another soldier out for guard duty. I'm the one on top of the truck, gathering "sensitive equipment".

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Ahhhh.....good old WSMR......been there a bunch early in my career. I was stationed nearby in Alamogordo.

Seriously, I’ve been places there where signs are posted stating “What you see here, Stays here”

Dunno what that was all about as anytime something important was going down, armed individuals came out.

We were ordered to turn around and not look back until we were told we could move. Never saw a thing!!

Also been stuck on the highway from Las Cruces during a missile launch. It was cool though. My girl and I made out while waiting for the road to reopen.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts

Luxembourg American Cemetary. Gen George S. Patton is buried at the head of the ranks. Like they're all assembled in formation for a pass and review.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts

F-16 at night. I think this was 2005 or maybe 2006. I'm not really sure. Both those tours just kinda ran together. I timed out both times. Meaning, I flew right up to my maximum allowable hours.

I used up an entire 90 days worth in less than 60. Needless to say, both tours were mostly a blur. I think I flew 18 days straight without a break on one.

It got so bad, I'd lose my place on my pre-flight checklist and couldn't remember if I'd accomplished any of the steps prior to where my finger was on the page. Had to call time after that one.

Aside from the pure flying bit, I don't miss those deployments one bit. If I never, ever set foot in the Middle East (Southwest Asia?) again, it would be too soon.

All together, with 9 deployments out of 11 in the AOR, I think I have something like 2 years on the ground there. That's 2 years of my life I'll never get back.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts

Winter sunrise in NorCal.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts

Dry clutch on a GSXR 750R Limited Edition. Not something you see everyday....and worth well more than any run of the mill GSXR.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts

All the bikes out of the garage.....well, before the project super sport arrived anyway.

181 - 195 of 195 Posts