Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

161 - 180 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
8,043 Posts

In the parking lot at work. Taken sometime last year.

·
Registered
8,043 Posts

Seen outside our favorite Mexican place, Vacaville, California 2015

·
Registered
8,043 Posts

Same restaurant, different day. Also, out front rather than the rear parking lot.

·
Registered
8,043 Posts

The iconic lone cypress tree, 17 Mile Drive, Pacific Grove, California

·
Registered
8,043 Posts

The sign at the main gate. I’ve ridden or driven past this sign for most of the last 25 years.

·
Registered
8,043 Posts

Rico Land. Motorcycle shop in Fussa, Western Tokyo, Japan. Great store. It has 3 floors, all gear on the 1st floor. Divided into 3 with a section of HD type gear and a section of dirt bike gear. Probably 80% of the floor space dedicated to street gear.

2nd Floor was all bike parts. Go faster stuff mostly but also oils and lubricants and general maintenance stuff. The entire 3rd floor was nothing but exhausts.

·
Registered
8,043 Posts

Nueschwanstein Castle. Built by the "Mad" KIng Ludwig it is the inspiration for the Walt Disney Castle at Disney Land.

I took this sometime in 1989 or 1990. After this picture was taken, we went to the castle itself and walked the grounds...then hiked up the mountain side behind it and took pictures from the other direction. It was uuuuhhh...quite a hike.

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
C6823D28-C469-4727-8564-8B92C391C394.jpeg

Ducati 888. Cannery Row, Monterey California. 2015

·
Registered
8,043 Posts

The Banyan Tree at the Armed Forces Hotel in Waikiki, The Halekoa. Kind of a refuge for us when we'd fly to Hawaii and wind up staying in Waikiki. The pool bar there was one of our favored hangouts. That and the beach side bar at Duke's in the Outrigger Waikiki.

·
Registered
8,043 Posts

This is from one of my bicycle ride routes. It's on a route in an area called Gordon Valley. It's not far from my house, maybe 12 miles. It's just before the halfway point on the route (26 miles) I pedal.

It's just an incredible view of a winery with it's chateau....it's also in Napa County...just on our side of the mountain rather than where everyone in the world goes to visit Napa. More later........sean

·
Registered
8,043 Posts

MGS-04, MotoGuzzi "unicorn" of a bike. I took this at the WSBK race weekend at Laguna Seca in 2003. Got to sit on the thing and all that. Detail pics below:

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Quite possibly the only cool late model Katana I've ever seen. I even made the comment before seeing this bike that there was nothing you could possibly do to the new Katana to make it cool.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Walked up on a new Katana yesterday when I picked up my tires. I saw that bike and thought, WOW! What is that? When I got closer and saw the "Katana" letters I was pretty impressed. Looks smaller, less plastic but more cut and great lines!

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
I'm guessing you saw one of the modern Katanas. They have zero relationship to the one pictured above other than they both are Suzukis.

The new Katana is styled to look like the original Hans Muth designed Katana from the early 1980s but also has zero relationship.

This newest one is a water cooled GSXR 1K engine powered bike rather than an air and oil cooled bike.

Reactions: Devilsfan

·
Registered
8,043 Posts

Emerald Bay, Lake Tahoe.

On the other side of Emerald Bay, obviously on horse back. My youngest son to the left, my bride of 24 years to the right.

·
Banned
4,959 Posts
View attachment 51673

Nueschwanstein Castle. Built by the "Mad" KIng Ludwig it is the inspiration for the Walt Disney Castle at Disney Land.

I took this sometime in 1989 or 1990. After this picture was taken, we went to the castle itself and walked the grounds...then hiked up the mountain side behind it and took pictures from the other direction. It was uuuuhhh...quite a hike.
Visited the castle a couple of times while on skiing training at Sonthofen.
Castle was in the film Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
Wouldnt fancy hiking up the mountain, way to high up for my liking,LOL.

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
We didn't go to the top. That would have taken all day. We just hiked around to the other side of the castle and climbed up to where we were just above the castle on the opposite side where all the pictures are taken from. I have those somewhere, just not saved in digital format.

·
Registered
8,043 Posts

A cove up at Clear Lake, California. My next door neighbors got married near here. Unseen, to the right is a public boat launch as well as a tribal native American village.

·
Registered
8,043 Posts

London Bike Show (INTERMOT) at Alexandra Palace, 1994. My first real life glimpse of a Bimota Tesi. Also at the show were the SB6R and SB7R which were new that year. Couldn't sit on them, but just getting close enough to check out all the details.....just jaw droppingly gorgeous stuff. Everything done to a jewel like precision.

Oh, and that's a young 27 year old me.

·
Registered
8,043 Posts

And here with the Magni Guzzi Australia at the same show. Somehow, the same kid from the other picture made it into this one too...and he's gawping in both shots....

161 - 180 of 181 Posts