Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a new American rider to cheer for in MotoGP. Californian Joe Roberts (no relation to King Kenny) set pole, and new lap record at Qatar in Moto2.

He's on a Kalex chassis this year, after a fairly miserable year on the KTM last year. He showed some flashes of what he could do the year before that on the NTS bike but was released from the team at the end of the year in favor of a Dutch rider (NTS is based in the Netherlands)

Here's wishing him success this year. I know I'll be cheering for him, as I was for the last 2 years. I for sure be cheering him on some 15 hours from now for the race....I hope he pulls out a win.............sean

·
Registered
77 Posts
4th place, his best finish I think. Hoping season starts off soon. Appears Austin may not allow the race after its emergency declaration. SXSW was cancelled.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4th place, his best finish I think..
Yes, his best finish yet in Moto2.

The question is, will they run in Argentina if Austin cancels? If not, the round following is Spain so they may just pick up the action there and reschedule the other fly away rounds for later in the year....sean

·
Registered
77 Posts
Spain it is! Ugh! Let's see what happens with WSBK, BSB...

Although now maybe I will go to Austin in Nov. :)

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup. Been seeing some press fluff that says they're banking that this mescun beer virus will disappear after flu season ends, like SARS did. If so, then Spain's a go. If not......no plan B really......sean

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thought I’d revisit this thread now that this truncated season is under way.

Joe got pole again in Brno after a fairly disastrous couple of races at Jerez. Followed that up with a rather tidy 3rd place today. Was good to see him finally get a podium.

Watching the race, he seemed to have something for Bastianini in the first few laps and after he was passed by Lowes, he seemed to have the pace to stay with him. Clearly though, a lap later he was encountering tire wear issues and seemed to be dropping off.

Thing was, Martin also seemed to encounter those same grip issues around the same time. Joe managed his gap and slowly, a tenth here, a tenth there began to increase the gap.

It was quite a mature and considered ride on Joe’s part. I think it bodes well for future podiums and maybe, just maybe a win by the end of the season. Here’s to hoping.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts