Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,508 Posts
Can I get a definition of homogolonation?

·
Registered
19,489 Posts
Ya don't gots Google on your pooter?? Even us Hillbillies down hea in the Ozarks knows thet one

Homologation (motorsport) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homologation_(motorsport)
Wikipedia
In motorsports, homologation is the approval process through which a vehicle, a race track, or a standardised part is required to go for certification to race in a given league or series. The regulations and rules that must be met are generally set by the series' sanctioning body.
‎Requirements - ‎Automobiles - ‎See also - ‎References

FOG

·
Super Moderator
6,508 Posts
Thanks, I misplaced the websters

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
I finally have some good news! I finally received the seals on Friday. On Saturday installed the new seals. I filled the oil filter with oil and every other channel and pipe. When I first cranked it over the oil light did not go off. I thought **** still nothing. Then I applied a tip I read about where they mention you must "burp" the oil system. I loosened the oil filter a bit and cranked over the engine. At first nothing and then the oil started pissing out. I nipped it up quickly and then cranked over again. The oil light went off in two seconds. I was so relieved it was finally sorted.

To conclude. It was the oil pan o-ring seals after all that was causing the oil pressure loss as I thought from the beginning. It can clearly be seen in the pictures. The bike goes like a dream now.

Thanks to everyone for all the advice. Much appreciated.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,508 Posts
Can I get a definition for ...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Shaun thanks for the reference pictures and the update saying you've sorted it out. This is why this forum is so useful. I may well be back in this thread someday when I can't figure out why my bike doesn't have oil pressure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem. Checked everything. Took engine apart to check pump. Everything was perfect. The pump won't prime sometimes after an oil change so you have to push the oil up to the pump. Connect an air hose to the crank case vent and give it pressure while cranking. The pump will prime immediately.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts