Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the Kevlar brake pads? I'll be in the market soon. I have been using the FA 129 HH pads. They stop great, much better than stock, but don't seem to last very long. Opinions wanted...

Rich

·
Registered
9 Posts
As an update, I bought the kevlar pads from ebay that were very inexpensive. After reading that the kevlar pads didn't stop very well, I did not try the fronts. I put the backs on and they don't stop very good. For the front, I chose the Galfer basic pads and they are similar to stock. Will replace the rears with Galfer soon.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Philter said:
the backs don't stop very good.
Fixed that for you.
Don't expect much of anything out of rear brakes on any bike. They're weak by design, hence the single piston as opposed to the 2+ on any front caliper. If they were 'good', you'd be locking up your back end constantly, and that just leads to tears.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
does anybody have any impressions of actually using these on the front? i just bought a set before i saw this...im just starting to ride, so i was going to get stock pads, but i found these, and they looked ok. am i in trouble? lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts