Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put in a loan app for a used ninja and have a pretty good chance of getting approved since its a secured loan. But the problem is I asked for 2000. And I was looking on eBay and cycletrader at prices for a 500. And I have come to the realization that I have asked for 500 or 600 more, to get a 500 but I can get a 250. I mean both are good bikes but I was really looking forward to a 500 because I was thinking that I wouldn't have to upgrade. Also the styling on the 500 I feel likes alot more like a sportbike and a lot better. But oh well. But maybe I'll be lucky and there will be a 500 in the 1000 to 1500 range so that I can use the other 500 for gear and such. If I can get a 250, when I'm ready for are can find a 500 I also sell the 250.

Any ideas on other sites I could use to find my 500? Or help me feel alil better about getting a 250.

·
Registered
270 Posts
What years are you looking for cuz if you can bear with a 1st gen you could save big I got mine for less than a grand.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I for got to mention go to craigslist.com and place a want to buy ad in your local area someone there will have someting.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont care what gen, long as its a 500. where do you live Smoky I'm in Central Florida. Yea I was thinking about craiglist. But I dont think I would get a response.

Oh yea and btw those anybody know if I possibly change the loan amount. I looked on my bank's website I dont see anything. If it matters my bank is navy federal.

Thanks

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hey I thought the same thing about posting a want to buy ad but I got a few good replys within a few days. Its worth a shot.

R

·
0 Posts
yeah, you can change the loan amount if you just phone the bank...otherwise, just hold out a month and save the cash?

Good luck finding an EX!

·
Registered
279 Posts
I posted a WTB on Craigslist and the next morning I had 3 voicemails and 4 e-mails. As a matter of fact I bought my '97 EX500 for $900 (granted it needed cosmetic work but ran great! Ended up going the StreetFighter direction but that's another thread.) in the beginning of Feb and am still getting e-mails from people asking if I'm still looking for a bike. Best of luck and hope you find your new baby soon!

·
Registered
103 Posts
yea, get a 500 for sure, 250 is a dumb idea for saftey reasons, never know when you will have to pull out of a bad situation, like a soccer mom turning into you, etc.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys. I haven't heard anything from craiglists yet. But in due time maybe. If I could a 500 for 900 that just needs comestics I would be happy. Im into fixing things anyway. Granted I break them first but hey its all the same. But i've never done any repairs to a bike. But with a good manual it could be fun.

Thanks for all the help and ideas. I love this site. Hopefully Ill be a 500 owner soon. hey a.lee.hagen is ur last name Lee because if it is that would be kinda creepy because my last name is Lee and actually my first name is Alexandria. Wierd

·
Registered
279 Posts
fuimalexis said:
hey a.lee.hagen is ur last name Lee because if it is that would be kinda creepy because my last name is Lee and actually my first name is Alexandria. Wierd
Nope, first name's Adam, middle name's Lee

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Alexis , you might be interested in this bike on ebay . It is located in Sebring , Florida . It has only $1,025 bidded on it as of now (5 days left) . Item # 230107300553 .

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thnx Lucky, ill check it out. Good looking out.

this forum is cool. In the other forums that im part of for djing and other stuff they would have been complete a$$holes.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Sometimes we seem like assholes . But we don't try to be . Here we try to help our fellow brothers & sisters as much as we can .

·
Registered
199 Posts
dude dont' get a secured loan they suck.

see if you can get a personal line of credit - I got one for my bike. Liens on stuff suck, then its a pain to title/re-title.
if your credit is ~700 and you are over 22, wells fargo will hook it up (probably)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Don't buy anything too old unless you are mechanicly inclined, there will be alot of constant
maintanance involved...save some money get a decent machine it will be worth it!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts