Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have a Kawasaki kle500 1992 and i need a rotor (flywheel) for it.
My problem is that i can find a specific for it in web (at low price).
Anywone can tell my if the one of ex500 is the samme (i guess cause the engine isbut...)
The old one i have got 6 magnets and all i see now is the 2nd generations without this (but i have see a post here how to trnsform it).
So i just need to know wich one can i buy for it.

Thanks for helping me

·
Premium Member
25,165 Posts
Penso que o mesmo motor é utilizado. A segunda geração foi nivelada ímanes. Sim, você precisará modificar a ignição captadores (e algumas outras coisas) para obtê-lo para funcionar corretamente.

I blame Google.com for the poor translation.

I believe the same motor is used. The second generation has capped magnets. yes you will need to modify the ignition pickups (and a few other things) to get it to work correctly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi These guys ship world wide www.electrexworld.co.uk The part no you require is RO5 listed for the

Kawasaki: KLE500. Direct fit and fully encased magnets for a third of the price of the OEM part. Really helpful guys.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Knightslugger thats what i thought. So it minds that i can buy one for the ex500 2nd generation and adapt him.
(the google translator isnt that bad :D )

Thansk too Cemorah i did not know about this seller. But i chek it and your rigth they have it and for a nice price, i will try to contact them to know how much it cost for shipping to Portugal and if they accept paypal.

I find this one on ebay:

ht*p://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=220406012165

Its for er500 but sims, for me, the samme.
(And its a very low price :D ), is it the samme?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mmmm.... so i can buy a er-5 or ex500 flywheel for my kle500 without problems?... im 70% sure... but confirm me that plz.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The ER5 uses the same flywheel as 2nd Gen EX500 ie 1 pick up and 3 triggers (the metal lugs sticking out of the flywheel 1 short and 2 long) the first gen uses a fly wheel with only one lug. Make sure your KLE haas 3 lugs before ordering from e-bay

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi, thanks for the info.
I did check it, my kle got 1 long (pick up i guess) and 3 short (triggers?).
I alredy have buy it from ebay, to the electrexworld as Cemorah did say.
I will try it this weekend i hoppe all will work fine.

Thanks all for the help ;D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, thanks for the info.
I did check it, my kle got 1 long (pick up i guess) and 3 short (triggers?).
I alredy have buy it from ebay, to the electrexworld as Cemorah did say.
I will try it this weekend i hoppe all will work fine.

Thanks all for the help ;D
Did you manage to get it to work? If so did you have to modify it at all?

·
Super Moderator
15,149 Posts
the member you're asking was last present here in 2009.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Did you manage to get it to work? If so did you have to modify it at all?
just FYI the KLE500 ER500 and EX/GPZ 500 use the basic same engine. but with tweaks the cams are all different the carbs are different and the flywheels are different. ALL EX/GPZ's use the narrower RO3 flywheel and dependant on the generation. have one or two triggers. the KLE and ER use the wider RO5 flywheel. so will not fit the EX/GPZ. models.

as with the ER/KLE there are generation differences between one and two triggers but 90% of them use 1 trigger.
do not be taken in by the false information. if you are not sure (who could be) you have to measure the width of the outer case. if it is narrow it uses the RO3 flywheel if it is the wider outer case it uses the RO5 flywheel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts