Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
That is AWESOME!!! That looks comfortable too. ;) ;)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks. Not really a before pic, but it shows the stock wheels & muffler system and the old seat was torn & splitting on the other side. The handlebars are the same in all photos (not stock), but I have since installed Euro bars... much better. The stock handlebars were the pits.

I'm currently researching upgrading the voltage regulator to a MOSFET type, hence all the links. Mine has the same shunt-type as most of the Ninja 250s & 500s. My 650's R/R is old, so I'm going to install one from a 2007 500. With a little more checking, I could've gotten an even newer one from a Vulcan 500. doh... but the one I got was cheap.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The braking is fine - no problems w the drum. Most of the stopping power is at the front anyway. I've considered adding a second disk at the Fr & even bought some of the needed parts from a 750-Ltd-4, but never got around to getting the rest of the stuff.

·
Registered
634 Posts
You will look cool riding down the street on that wearing a Member's Only jacket. Of course, you will be the last member.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still riding the vintage KZ. Recently installed a Honda CBR500 Fr brake master cylinder. It isn't level, so I plan on trying superbike bars. The stock master cylinder was tilted as well, but in the other direction. hee. As with the old mc, the tilt is at an advantageous angle to keep the holes in the bottom covered in plenty brake fluid, so I don't have to worry about air entering the system.
I installed a Ninja 500 voltage regulator a while ago.

1981 KZ650-CSR. 550-Ltd wheels. 750E mufflers. Emgo European bars w 1000J mirrors. K&G luggage rack.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts