Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
It's cruiser heaven up in the lakes region. No I won't be going. Do you live in NH NinjaGirl?

Z

·
0 Posts
I went 2 years ago. 16 hours ride to get there from here. 1600 miles in 4.5 days. I thought the actual event wasn't much fun really. It's just like the rest of the bike weeks (maybe not Daytona but I've never been there), chrome and leather everywhere. I guess you gotta go once...

We went riding up in the White mountains most of the time instead - BEAUTIFUL.

Also, everything seemed so spread out; and to go to experience any "night life" we had to ride a long way to places like the Broken Spoke, etc... I won't drink and drive/ride so we ended up not going to too many places - just too far to drive.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I usually go up every year. Yeah, it's kinda like another cookie cutter bike week. I first started going with my friend Clayton in '98 and it was much more lively back then. But as the year went by, there were more police and less "fun". I miss the flashing... :eek:

·
Registered
17 Posts
from one newbie to another:
where do you live? im in manchester sportbikes are ok now cops lots and lots of cops. Be extra aware of whtas going on around you. theres races on the weekend, dealer ie gear, bikes etc. My boyfriend and I are will be there as often as possible but friday-sunday we are at NHIS for the races want to see some fun stuff go there.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We trailered the bikes down there and enjoyed a stay on the other side of the lake, riding over to Weirs Beach for most of Saturday. It was motorcycle overload for me, I had a blast. By the end of the day Saturday I was so exhausted it was getting hard to ride, but I was back out and at it on Sunday. The area roads, for the most part, were really great for riding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts