Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Wydim said:
hello all,

What I did was simply disconnect the PAIR thing from the airbox, the right carb vaccum and the 2 intakes on the valve cover.

Then I simply put clear tape on the airbox hole, plugged the right carb vaccum hose with zipties and connected the 2 PAIR intakes together (top of valve cover) with a single hose (from this same PAIR system). Do you guys see anything that could go wrong with this setup ? possible leaks ?...

thanks !
I did the same thing, after about a month the valves started clattering very loudly as they fought each other thru the single hose. I put everything back on. You could plug the holes with dowels or get the block off plates or pull the valves out and then put the one hose on or seal the valves together with glue so the reeds won't move anymore. But what you've done is gonna make bad noises....

Sent from Motorcycle.com App[/color]

·
Banned
11,553 Posts
wrench said:
Wydim said:
hello all,

What I did was simply disconnect the PAIR thing from the airbox, the right carb vaccum and the 2 intakes on the valve cover.

Then I simply put clear tape on the airbox hole, plugged the right carb vaccum hose with zipties and connected the 2 PAIR intakes together (top of valve cover) with a single hose (from this same PAIR system). Do you guys see anything that could go wrong with this setup ? possible leaks ?...

thanks !
I did the same thing, after about a month the valves started clattering very loudly as they fought each other thru the single hose. I put everything back on. You could plug the holes with dowels or get the block off plates or pull the valves out and then put the one hose on or seal the valves together with glue so the reeds won't move anymore. But what you've done is gonna make bad noises....

Sent from Motorcycle.com App[/color]
I'm laughing....... funny as ****.

·
Registered
4 Posts
In the process of removing the pair system I came across an issue. The vacuum tube from the right carb is connected to the left carb. Do I leave that the way it is or do I block both vacuum tubes.

·
Banned
11,553 Posts
bluepinner said:
In the process of removing the pair system I came across an issue. The vacuum tube from the right carb is connected to the left carb. Do I leave that the way it is or do I block both vacuum tubes.
You mean the vacuum nipples from both carb intakes are connected to each other with a single vacuum tube?

The nipple on the right side should be capped.
The one on left side should be routed to apply vacuum to the diaphragm in the petcock.
Assuming you have a stock petcock. If you have a manual petcock only then yes, both vacuum nipples should be capped.

O_E_M

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not a stock petcock. There is only a gas line on it. They bridged the vacuum ports together. Would leaving them bridged have any negative effects?

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Lamp One Designs is still in business. Just email him, faster than personal message through the forum.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am from Sydney and I have tried to order a kit via the lamp one website. Upon adding my kit to the cart, I am unable to have the kit shipped to me. I then sent an email to lamp one, but that was three days ago and I have not heard back.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ordered mine to Ontario Canada. It was very speedy, and Todd was great to deal with. Sent an email, speedy reply and shipping.

Everything was installed on Wednesday. Has solved my decel exhaust pop when coasting to a light.

White spots all over are the coolant that was leaking out the o-ring from the top of the head, those are also fixed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got mine installed today on the wife's bike... still gotta throw carbs on and finish up but...Damn! What a nice kit! I'll get it finished up this weekend hopefully and get it going again but I gotta say thanks to Lamp One!👍 the kit went on perfectly, looks clean and very simple. Thanks for the goodies too!

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
I just got mine today. Was excited to install it but ran into an issue. My line to the carburetor has a T connector that also leads back to a cylinder next to the front tank mount. That in turn eventually connects to a box underneath said tank mount. It seems my system has more to it than everyone else’s? If I remove everything as instructed I have hose unplugged from said cylinder. Any ideas?
1C9A1438-99A5-4267-9551-4EDCFF796C4B.jpeg F52C0DCF-336A-4940-A33D-7C996CF60633.jpeg 53A4DE3B-7BE1-422F-BAEB-B752DB33F7D1.jpeg
1C9A1438-99A5-4267-9551-4EDCFF796C4B.jpeg
F52C0DCF-336A-4940-A33D-7C996CF60633.jpeg
53A4DE3B-7BE1-422F-BAEB-B752DB33F7D1.jpeg
6D28FADA-3C09-4EAC-823A-65F58DC9349A.jpeg

·
Registered
833 Posts
I just got mine today. Was excited to install it but ran into an issue. My line to the carburetor has a T connector that also leads back to a cylinder next to the front tank mount. That in turn eventually connects to a box underneath said tank mount. It seems my system has more to it than everyone else’s? If I remove everything as instructed I have hose unplugged from said cylinder. Any ideas?
You got an California tank with emissions regulations crap. Read this: California Emissions removal / post PAIR removal

61 - 75 of 75 Posts