Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Um I got a problem here guys. I took my rear wheel off to change the sprocket, bearings, and tire. Problem is now that I'm putting it together I have an extra spacer I can't figure out. It's not shown in the Clymers. Also it's a 1st gen, I'm betting there's a difference. Here's a pic:

·
Registered
19,366 Posts
That's not an extra part is a spacer the fits under one of the seals I cant remember which side but I think on the caliper side.
FOG

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks FOG. Problem is it doesn't seem to fit anywhere. I've tried it in a couple spots and then nothing lines up. Also I replaced the non-sealed bearings with sealed, but they are the same sizes so I don't see how that would make a difference. I was thinking it ha something to do with the drum brake, but for the life of me I can't see how it fits.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Fog missed your mention that you had a 1st gen bike, no caliper it's a drum brake. Could be it's part 92027B that goes between the cush drive bearing and the left side swingarm leg and rides inside seal 92052. See parts fiche:

http://www.ronayers.com/fiche/400_0161/rear_wheel_chain_coupling/rear_wheel_chain_coupling.cfm?man=ka&groupid=3320&parent=3280

Not sure though, it looks like a brg carrier with that finished bore in the part your holding. I just put wheel brgs in my GS and there was a part like that pressed inside the wheel bore that carried one of the wheel brgs. Are both your wheel brgs pressed into c'bores in the wheel?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Jack, you're right. I took another look at the Clymers and sure enough it was there, just outside the cush drive. It just sits inside the grease seal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts