Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

3141 - 3160 of 3196 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
My other Kawasaki:

My ticket to back country fun. A 2002 Super Sherpa, started life as a 250 but this one is now 300 cc. A really tough dual-sport bike with lots of suspension travel, all stainless exhaust, factory skid plate, aluminum swing arm with needle bearing pivots, hubs that take straight pull spokes that don't break, a 6-speed wide ratio trans that shifts like butter, and a 21" front wheel to ride over the big bumps. Only 267 pounds which is important. Its got the same sun-faded olive drab body work that the KLR 650 had for a few years, and created almost a cult following. More than a few people have ridden these things around the world. My only real criticism is that the 9 liter gas tank is too small.

The Sherpas went out of production in 2009 at the same time as the EX500 and the motorcycle world is the poorer for it. 10 years later, its hard to find one used and if it isn't a wreck they go fast and fetch a pretty hefty price

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
Another D7

After a little bit more tlc

You missed a bit :wink2:

Mine's had more TLC lavished on it this winter than ever. Looking and running like a new bike now. We just need some shiny new weather.

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
You missed a bit :wink2:

Mine's had more TLC lavished on it this winter than ever. Looking and running like a new bike now. We just need some shiny new weather.
Looking good Gremlin. I was hoping you wouldnt notice the bit I'd missed :smile2: Yes a little bit kinder weather just around the corner.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Here's the JPS, finished after a complete re-build,
Wow, Nice Job!! I seriously had to look twice...the tiny thumbnail pics it looked the real article. It was only after I clicked and got them full size that I realized you'd crafted quite a tribute out of your EX. Well Done sir, I applaud both your creativity and your execution of vision...sean

·
Registered
10,971 Posts
^ nice solar yellow, and thats the way to keep 'em (clean, spotless)

Well done, sir.

Here's me '95 900SS (bought new) never been to a dealer, all maintenance DIY. Remarkably problem free, 23 year old and 35,000 miles now. Reliable, fun machine, a keeper.
I never get bored of seeing pics of this stunning beauty.

·
Banned
4,959 Posts
Wow, Nice Job!! I seriously had to look twice...the tiny thumbnail pics it looked the real article. It was only after I clicked and got them full size that I realized you'd crafted quite a tribute out of your EX. Well Done sir, I applaud both your creativity and your execution of vision...sean

Thank's Sean, it's "different",LOL

3141 - 3160 of 3196 Posts