3241 - 3260 of 3280 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,772 Posts
Oh say it isn't so.

·
Super Moderator
15,498 Posts
@00ninja time to post some pics of your Duc Scrambler on here! C'mon man!

·
Super Moderator
6,772 Posts
Looking forward to ride video's.

Reactions: toniplavna

·
Super Moderator
15,498 Posts
3rd Gen VFR750 , carbed, but has the ol' gear driven cams. I'll submit its gonna be a slight step up from the EX. Yeah, baby!

austin.jpg

·
Registered
669 Posts
3rd Gen VFR750 , carbed, but has the ol' gear driven cams. I'll submit its gonna be a slight step up from the EX. Yeah, baby!

View attachment 54548
First few miles, its a step up in every way (even the weight lol). Better suspension, braking, sound, wind protection, stability, much less vibrations, smoother gearbox.

And I must to say that gear whine is so cool :)

·
Super Moderator
15,498 Posts
overall mileage?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Wow, that VFR looks fabulous. Congrats, and so glad to hear you're not leaving us!
Lot of people say that. For 31 years it looks good, but its better on the pictures cuz there are many small cracks adn scratches on the fairing but its ok for that year. First I would complete service it mechanically next year, then if I have money and will, do the full professional repaint and fixing in the same color. Wont be cheap so I will think about it.

·
Super Moderator
15,498 Posts
Just 26k in miles. Provided thats accurate, its a youngster, many more to go. Best o' luck with the planned future service & resto mods.

Starts/runs ok? Suggest to get a DVM on the RR leads to confirm sufficient charging and a looksee on its mid-connector for any electrical imperfections.... the achilleas heel of the VFR.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Just 26k in miles. Provided thats accurate, its a youngster, many more to go. Best o' luck with the future service & resto mods.

Starts/runs ok?
If thats the case, I have plenty of time on that engine which is doing easily 100.000k+ miles.

Yes, it starts and runs fine. Brakes fine etc... Previous owner done the carbs.

For this year, I will probably just change the rear brake pads and nothing else. For the next year Im planning to change the oil, filter, air filter, complete brake caliper rebuild with new seals and pads, clutch springs, brake fluid, spark plugs, maybe new tyres.

Depends on the finances but as the next season goes by, probably fork oil, seals, carb sync and valve check, wheel bearings check. I wanna be sure that everything is in perfect condition as it was on the my EX500.

·
Registered
669 Posts
The only thing that this RC36-II needed is rear wheel from the 1st version, the best looking one :D And in white color was the best.

3241 - 3260 of 3280 Posts