Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
3281 - 3291 of 3291 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
The 500 world is a small world, I already follow you on instagram.
Haha , yeah indeed it is. You should check Out ghosttscott as well. He's got a lot of posts on his ex and other bikes as well. I believe he actually reintroduced me to this forum also.

While I'm here. Might as well post what I got on my hands..
Little brother picked up a 1984 CB700SC Nighthawk. Hasnt run in 20 years or so. Hoping to have it done by winter.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
I saw a pristine 1985 nighthawk on craigslist locally not too long ago. It didn't last long. Very cool looking bikes with a great sound.
Yeah. It was cheap , two gas tanks, all the parts. Nothing missing other than a couple of bolts. Its a cool bike. "Maintence free", shafty, hydro clutch, self adjusting valves, drum rear brakes. Sounds wicked and looks cool as a snowman's middle leg.
It's really far from road worth, as you can tell from the carbs which I am just about done with. Gas tank is next. Heavy acid baths and that por69 stuff.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I couldn't resist, I've wanted a ZX-7R forever!!

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Fuel tank

The PRO's:
Cheap
Complete, no obvious missing parts
Relatively stock, no butchering to fit aftermarket crap
Everything works
Starts and runs well, no obvious symptoms of lean or rich running
Shifts through all the gears perfectly
New chain
Tank is free of scratches, chips, dents, and rust (internally and externally)
Seats not ripped
Tail section in nice cosmetic shape
Bike rips like an animal, engine has more grunt than I was expecting from a 750 super-sport.

On the fence:
Muzzy pipe is loud (I don't mind loud at all if it sounds good, but this is a bit too much).

The CON's:
Fairing lowers are in bad shape
Tires are goosed
Fairing lowers are in bad Shape (so bad it's worth mentioning twice [old Red Dwarf joke]....scratches, cracks, and holes worse than they look in the photos
Front fairing in good shape apart from scrapes on the side
Front brakes not as powerful as they should be
Back brakes make the front brakes look good
Ignition switch is a bit sticky
Turn signal switch is a bit sticky
LED front turn signals are causing the turn signals to hyperflash; need a new relay, or better yet, a set of OEM front turn signals

This bike is being shoved to one side whilst I work on the project that need to happen over Winter, and will get my attention when those others are wrapped up. Not really sure what I want to do with the bike in the long run, I've always wanted one and it came to my attention at the right time, and at a great price. Couldn't resist.

·
Registered
659 Posts
oh my god, she's beautiful. purple wheels!! congrats on your new bike!
Why, thank you!

I definitely wouldn't call it beautiful, in fact it's a bit of a mess cosmetically. But the engine and everything else is in great shape. Rides fantastic. A lot of potential for sure.

Like I mentioned, always loved these bikes. Who wouldn't want one of the original gen 1 versions (with the hoover pipe air ducting into the tank) in their garage these days. That's the model I fell in love with way back when....

3281 - 3291 of 3291 Posts