Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already got a carbon fiber muzzy exhaust (still needs installed) but I cant seem to find carbon fiber mirrors or levers for an 88' ex500, the only ones are for 92+ does any1 know if there is any or a way to get the 92' ones to fit.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
There are only 2 ways these bikes were made (couple of minor details aside)

Before 1994 and after.

If you find something that fits a 1992, you can assume it will fit every model year before and 1993.

The only changes to the levers and mirrors were in 1994. They offered knobs to be able to adjust them by hand to 4 different presets.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I was woundering about some mirrors I saw over at Colmen Sports the 2 bolts looked like they would line up on my bike and if they dont seem to fit to well i could try "crazy glue" :p

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
maverick9611 said:
block off the mirrors with block offs and put bar end mirrors.
Bar end mirrors starts at 20$ each :eek:

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
hehe, mines will be installed soon too ;)

They look great

·
Registered
253 Posts
don't forget frogman that we have that threaded insert at the end of our bars. i ditched the barends and modified my mirror for attachment. just wanted u 2 know b4 ya bought and found out they don't fit just right.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ment 92+ levers, I was looking at a pair on ebay and it said 92-07

(I tried to put a link but it wont let me put one for ebay)

but the mirrors yes 94+

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Thanks for the warning Maverick.. But I already got them.. And then I found out that on my bike, I don't have any threaded holes.. Meh, I'll find someone with a drill and tap or I'll simply change the handlebars.

Do yhou know which year they got the holes ar the bar ends ?

Thx much !

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Zeven said:
I ment 92+ levers, I was looking at a pair on ebay and it said 92-07

(I tried to put a link but it wont let me put one for ebay)

but the mirrors yes 94+
It's the same with levers

Don't put the full link, you can put the auction # though ;)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Sorry for the refresh on a very old topic... but I have questions regarding this same thing.

I just bought some 94+ carbon levers (couldn't find pre 94 carbon levers) and am hoping to use them on my 89 ex500.

Now, I also bought a master cylinder with lever for the brake side that is also a 94, so one side of my carbon lever will fit perfectly. Now, when i look at my clutch lever, it is obviously different. Is there anyway I can make it work? Do i need to get some other control housing from a 94+ to make it work? Any ideas would be great.

Send me a PM too, if you want

1 - 15 of 15 Posts