Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently passed the MSF course and acquired my license and am now looking for suitable bike to begin my riding career. The 500 seems to be the perfect fit at this point and I have been scouring the the classifieds and checking with some dealers. I recently found a 2006 with 636 miles at a dealer for $3995. It has a Jet Kit not sure the details about which one and Sarachu slip ons. Is that a fair price for this bike, would you expect it to go for more since there has been aftermarket ad ons? Would anyone think it could be negotiated down for not being stock? Any advice on dealing with dealerships or things to look for specifically with this bike when purchasing through a private party? hope to be riding soon.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I concur with the above and welcome :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Knightslugger said:
Have the dealers replace the Jet kit with the Kawasaki Factory jets. totally unnecessary for Sarachu Pipes.
I completely agree. Make sure to not let them up the price for doing it either. Kawasaki is taking in like 100% profit from every one they sell since the bike hasn't changed in so long. Nothing is new other than paint schemes since 94. Don't show that you want it THAT bad otherwise they will not budge on price or anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts