Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i noticed about 4 ball bearings on the ground where i park my bike and was wondering if they are from the bike or not. It has been running fine and both wheels look fine from the outside. The bearings are about the size of 00buck shot.the bearings may not be from the bike but if they arent then i dont know what from. is it even possible to lose bearing? Anyone help? Thanks

·
Registered
19,367 Posts
How's your steering head? Put the bike on the center stand and have the front wheel off the ground. Grab the front wheel and pull it back in forth.

FOG

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah just checked the steering, it is fine and both wheels are fine. no wobble, and spin fine. I think my chain may be to tight though. I am assuming a tight chain would be a prime cause for loosing bearings. Should i do anything else to check? and what co0uld happen eventully if I am losing bearings
Thanks FOG

·
Registered
19,367 Posts
There are a number of other places that bearings containg balls as you describe are used. All are internal and sever madlies would be evident long before you found any loose balls.

Myth Busted

FOG

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
FOG said:
There are a number of other places that bearings containg balls as you describe are used. All are internal and sever madlies would be evident long before you found any loose balls.

Myth Busted

FOG
Been watching 'Myth Busters' ?

·
Registered
19,367 Posts
Lucky#13 said:
Yes , that's what he means ;)
Yes ,,, well sorta. The track record around here for properly investigating a fault is so bad. I'll still hold that he's still missing some of his balls from a loose/broken lower steering head bearing.

FOG

1 - 11 of 11 Posts